turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

driz87
Returning Member

Schedule E Worksheet: Yes, 1099s were filed should be blank if 1099s were not required." Error or Bug

Getting an error when i try to file:

"Check this entry

Schedule E Worksheet: Yes, 1099s were filed should be blank if 1099s were not required."

I made sure that under rental property info the "Required to send a 1099 section" is checked No. I was able to ensure that the if "yes, did you or will you file all required form(s) 1099?" It is blank but the error continues and i cant file.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

24 Replies
AmyC
Employee Tax Expert

Schedule E Worksheet: Yes, 1099s were filed should be blank if 1099s were not required." Error or Bug

Technical is working on it. IRS does not open until February 12.

Related:

Cost Basis: Tracking Your Tax Basis

Tax Law for Selling Real Estate

Rental Property Deductions You Can Take at Tax Time

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

reply fail

Same issue here. No reply needed, just piling on :-).

habusch

It's past Feb. 12. 

Has anyone seen a resolution for this yet???

Kolya

Any update on this TurboTax bug? Tax season is here, please treat it with high priority!

This is normally caused by a browser issue. 

Use the Chrome browser
Click the three dots in the upper right corner
Select Settings

Privacy and Security

Clear browser data for all time

Insert clear browser pic

Then sign in to TurboTax on the Chrome browser
Go to Tax Tools, Tools, Delete a Form and delete your Schedule E
Go to the program and enter the No again for issuing 1099's.

Go through the pages in the income section until it ends and then run Review again.

The error should be gone.

shayes82
Returning Member

I'm getting the same error.  On mine No was selected in both boxes, however it still won't let me file.  Ridiculous!  The suggested workaround of clearing the browser and deleting schedule E did not work, even though I tell it to delete Schedule E it's always still there.

Jiapeng
Returning Member

Some issue here

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Since you continue to experience the same problem, even after following the troubleshooting steps, please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support for further assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

While assisting my client in Turbo Tax we noticed this kept popping up.  It is because he selected originally Did you pay anyone for this rental property where form 1099 or W2s need to be filed.  He put yes because he did pay people but not a lot just for cleaning and some yard work to where he did not need to upload or create these forms.  We deleted the form Schedule E and the worksheet, and went back in to the questions and selected No to this question and it fixed the error 

I don't know if this was me or not, but this is exactly what happened with me. Write down the info on Schedule E, delete it and redo it, making sure to answer that one question correctly and you'll be fine. E-Filed without a hitch after that.

This was definitely NOT the fix for me. Just annoying to have all of my browser stuff deleted. See below where someone discusses deleting Schedule E. A little bit of work, but it works like a charm!

shayes82
Returning Member

I’m using the online version which is even more frustrating because you can’t simply delete the form.  Eventually after an hour in the phone with tech support the rep gave up and told me to delete the entire property and start over, which did fix the error.

Yes, you can't delete merely that item or sheet. When you delete Schedule E it will take all of the associated sheets with it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies