turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule E Worksheet: Yes, 1099s were filed should be blank if 1099s were not required." Error or Bug

I've been stuck on this for weeks as well.  The "fix" then is to go back in and delete the entire Schedule E worksheet?  And then I'd have to go back and enter all that info again, right?

Schedule E Worksheet: Yes, 1099s were filed should be blank if 1099s were not required." Error or Bug

I was able to fix this bug by going into the rental property details where the question was asked, changed my answer from NO to YES, clicked next, then went back and changed my answer to NO. 

That fixed worked! michaelpmcrae ! The simplest way to fix this error. It worked for me anyway.

skghosh

Please follow the below steps that I found in another post

Go back to adjust this at the original entry. To get back there in TurboTax, follow these steps:

• First, be sure you are in your return by clicking Federal on the left menu.
  • Type schedule e in the search box.
  • Click the Jump to link.
  • By the rental property, select Edit.
  • Just below Here's your rental property info, click Edit by Rental property info. This is before INCOME is listed.
  • Scroll down to Owner Info and select Edit by Required to send a 1099.
  • Select Looks good.
avahr
Returning Member

I am using the software version (home and business) and am having the same issue. I was ready to file 2 months ago but I encountered this issue and I thought I am missing a form so I filed for an extension and I just realized it's a bug. This is very frustrating. Please help.

First run an OS system update and reboot at least twice  and then open the program and run a program update and see if that corrected things. 

It worked and saved my time! Thank you so much michaelpmcrae! Looks a bug in TurboTax software.

Try this:

1. From Edit your rental info, change your answer from "no" not requiring 1099s to "yes" requiring 1099s.
  2. Logout.
  3. Login.
  4. From Edit your rental info, change your answer from "yes" requiring 1099s to "no" not requiring 1099s.
  5. Logout.
  6. Login.
  7. Try a re-submission.
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies