Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Rejected e-file with error IND-032-04 - 'SpousePriorYearPIN' or 'SpousePriorYearAGIAmt'

Thanks, but I already went through the entire procedure covered in the link yesterday prior to my posting, including both videos and the step-by-step shown in the text below them (under the CD/Download version of TT) - but none of them exactly address the situation. Again, we are filing jointly for 2021 just as we've done since 2002 - so there's no way I can come up with another AGI number for my wife only for the 'correction' page.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Rejected e-file with error IND-032-04 - 'SpousePriorYearPIN' or 'SpousePriorYearAGIAmt'

@DRC1949

If you have exhausted all of the above suggestions, please reach out to us directly using the Help Article here.  This ensures you will get to the correct department as quickly as possible.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Enter (0) for the spouse AGI and it will work.

Thanks, but I've done that very thing several times - the most recent being last evening - and still it gets rejected. I just don't understand how a system can even ask for a Spouse AGI to correct a rejected return when we've always filed jointly. I can't help but think that the problem lies somewhere in the basic return preparation process itself, because there's no place I can find where it asks for anything specific to my Spouse's AGI.

Thanks again.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@DRC1949

It sounds like you have exhausted all efforts to resolve the issue. You may need to contact customer service directly for assistance. Please see the following information here for more details.

Putting in zero did not work for me but when I went back into TT and said that we did not file a return for 2020 it was accepted and I got my refund 8 days later.

Believe it or not, our Federal return was finally ACCEPTED earlier this afternoon!

I hope I'm explaining this right, because I've tried so many different things since last Friday it's hard to remember what happened which time! Anyway, I'll have to paraphrase here: First, I tried selecting the 'one or both of us did not file a 2020 return' option as you suggested, which prompted another drop-down menu. Then I selected the 'I filed but my spouse did not' option, then entered zero '0' in the AGI box on the next page. It was rejected, but this time with a different code (IND-031-04) which basically said that now my AGI didn't match the records. So, I went back in, entered our actual 2020 AGI, resubmitted and it was accepted.  That was about 3 hours ago, and I still haven't received word that the State return was accepted, so we're not out of the woods yet - but this time I'm optimistic.

Thanks to you and all of the others who've responded to my dilemma!

ZERO worked for me.  Same rejection message "IND-032-04 'SpousePriorYearPin' or 'SpousePriorYearAGIAMT' in the return header must match efile database.

Tried everything then found this thread and knew I wasn't going crazy.  Today at 11:54 am I had to refile to get rejected again and at 12:16 PM received my rejection.  By 12:22 I had "fixed and refiled" with a "0" (zero) in the spouse AGI bracket.  And at 12:45 received my email saying my federal return had been accepted.  

Start to finish with the "zero" AGI was from 11:54 am to 12:45 pm.  Yippee.  Thanks everybody.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Glad it worked for you!

@bruce18203

Here is what works:

I received the rejection code IND-032-04. My wife and I filed a joined return last year and this year. I went to my IRS account and confirmed that IRS had exactly what I was putting in. Then I went back to e-filing and this time I indicated that my wife did not file a TAX return for the previous year (though she did). This worked as the workaround this e-filing glitch.

Good luck

I did the same. I verified AGI (it was correct - IRS has the same number).

I tried putting 0 as AGI - rejected.

I said I did not file my TAXes last year - rejected.

Then I put in my AGI, but said that my wife (and we filed jointly) did not file last year. This was accepted!

Good luck

Don't send by mail. We filed an amended return 2 years ago for 2019 and still have not received our refund. I would never file by mail again unless I own tax!!!

There is a bug in Turbotax. It is requiring us to enter both the AGI and our pins.  The proposed fix from turbotax says to enter either agi or pin but this doesn't work 

TT has a bug. It is requiring that we enter both agi and our pins

Head up butt is correct!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies