Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ekimball8
Returning Member

Reference Code 7-214-378 and 0-600-603 relating to form 5329-S and 5329-T?

I'm receiving a "Check This Entry Form 5329-S Your calculations could not be completed" messages under the review tab when I try to file my taxes. Apparently the 5329-S form is for a spouse and the 5329-T form is for the taxpayer (me). I'm not married and filing as a single person so I don't really know why this is coming up. That form has something to do with an IRA account or other retirement plan? I have nothing like that set up and I stated that on my return. Why am I getting this error?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
SamS1
Expert Alumni

The form 5329 could be generated for a number of reasons.  Generally it is related to an early distribution from a qualified plan, form 1099-R but it sound like you did not have that.  It also could generate if you overfunded a Health Savings account.  That would show up on your W-2 in box 12 with a "W" code.  Review your W-2 information.

Next did you divorce in 2020 and trying to use the same TurboTax account you filed jointly from in the past?  TurboTax recommends opening a new account if you have filed married jointly in the past and filing single this year.

Go to your "My Info" section and review the filing status to make sure the filing status is "Single" and not "Married filing Separately"

If all that is correct, you have option to deleting the forms from TurboTax and re-run your Federal Review.  There you can delete the 5329 forms from your return.

Click here for how to delete a form in TurboTax Online

Click here for how to delete a form in TurboTax Desktop

Ekimball8
Returning Member

Thank you for your help! I ended up just erasing everything and starting over. Once I did my return with the free version of TurboTax instead of the one that offers live expert help, that message didn't come up again and everything was fine. I have always filed as single so I feel like it was just a glitch

bamoore0307
Returning Member

I had the same errors as described above. I did not have an early distribution from a qualified plan. I also checked my W-2 in box 12 and there was no indication that I overfunded a Health Savings account. I am single and have always been single; never married, never divorced. I have deleted all my forms from TurboTax and re-did my taxes twice. I always get the same error. Also, both times I deleted all forms there was never a 5329 form to delete. After deleting all forms possible and re-doing my taxes in TurboTax TWICE, I'm still getting the same error regarding the 5329 form. Could someone please help me resolve this issue or help me get a refund so I can do my taxes elsewhere. Unfortunately, I've already paid for TurboTax Deluxe Online.

PattiF
Expert Alumni

Some TurboTax Online customers are getting the error below when attempting to enter their 1099-R

Check This Entry

Form 5329-T and 5329-S: "Your calculation could not be completed"

If you are experiencing this issue, please sign up here for email updates as we are working on the issue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies