turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

msawage8
Returning Member

"Your forms will be available soon" message

The forms Im filing are available on the website that lists which are available and when. 

It says the government is still working on finishing up certain tax forms

All I'm filing is a 1040 individual, form 8863 Education Credits. Anyone else having these issues? Is this on turbotax, or my totally competent  government

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
CassLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are e-filing, I do see some limitations on the 1040 form. Please see this IRS link, to see if it does apply to your tax return: IRS Available Forms and Limitations.

Both of the forms 1040 ind. and 8863 forms, show available for e-file and print.

If this is not the case and you need further assistance, please reply back to this post and we will be happy to assist you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dextra
Returning Member

I'm having the same problem with forms 8863, 8889, CA 540 and CA Individual Schedule CA California Adjustments. I have tried "check for updates" without success.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@Dextra Please try to manually update your Windows software by following the steps in the below TurboTax FAQ to see if this resolves your forms issue:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

mfz

While receiving message, I visit Tubax later or looking for service help.  

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

I'm sorry but I do not understand your question @mfz. Can you please respond with more details so we can help you?

According to IRS Form 8615 was ready on 1/27/2020. According to Turbo it is still not ready.... we are cutting it too close for comfort.  C'mon Turbo. 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

The form is scheduled to be available today 3/6/2020.

Vertuoso1
Returning Member

I'm getting the message"We can't file your return just yet because the government is still working on finishing up..."  The form that I need is 1040: Individual Schedule A (MI).  I do see this form available in the forms and I've tried to "Updaet Now".  When will this form be available?

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try exiting and relaunching the program if you are in the desktop version. If you are in the online version try clearing your cache and deleting your cookies

If you feel you still need assistance please contact customer support through the article below. 

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

am92

I have the same issue with the  "Your forms will be available soon" message.  When I tried to install the manual update, I got a message saying that TurboTax is not installed.  That is not correct.   What should I do now?

marduk1015
Returning Member

same problem. signed up to be notified when forms are available. was notified they were. tried updating 5  times. keeps saying program is up to date but still the same problem with files.

marduk1015
Returning Member

tried that twice. still not working

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

I recommend calling us to request a soft push of the software for the federal and state. 

Let the agent know you have been trying to update your software but the update is not loading.  They will be able to assist you. 

Contact TurboTax 

marduk1015
Returning Member

Still does not work. Have had multiple “your forms are available” and nothing shows up. Does not update says already up to date. Email link does not work from program and neither does turbo tax support site link. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies