Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.

But you guys are the last to see our returns after we transmit them.  We understand the 21 days thing but obviously we don't fit the category of "most people".  A majority of people at least show "processing" on their "Where's my refund" page but we don't even have that!  We have no clue that the IRS has even received our returns.  I was able to call Turbo Tax and get a sort of confirmation number that proves the IRS did receive it.  

But the IRS is impossible to reach and when you do I'm hearing reports of them flat out lying to get you off the phone.  Telling people their returns are currently in the "errors department".  One gentlemen called them 4 days after actually receiving his refund and they told him his was in the errors department!  So they flat out aren't checking squat! 

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.

That’s perfectly normal. Everybody doesn’t get their updates at the same time. The system to get the information is just bad. Every year I try to check my “status” and it’s always that message , never any real info. Then out of the blue I get my direct deposits within a few weeks. Even tho the website says they have no information. I say just be patient 

Turbo tax can only update you once the IRS provides an update. The check my refund site has been messed up for years. They don’t keep up with updates as they should. The site will say it has no information and the next day the deposit will be in my account. It has nothing to do with turbo be patient 

Hi,

I am having the same issue of WMR saying "You may not have entered your information correctly".

Today, I tried entering 1 as the refund amount, and it worked. It then reported "Your tax return is still being processed".  But with an expected refund of $0.00.

I'm wondering if other people with the error message will see the same thing when entering 1 as the refund amount.

This system is screwed up and Turbo Tax is clueless. But TT isn't anything but a conduit. They can tell you when you submitted iyour return through them and can tell you when the IRS accepted it. After that, it's like ordering a shirt from Target. Once they put it in the hands of FedEx, it's gone, they have no control over it.

All that being said, this "You may not have entered your information correctly" error message lasted 2 days, then the message changed to "Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available." Calling gives me this same response. At least WMR does list my correct refund amount now.

HOWEVER - another layer of this clusterf - when I check my tax transcripts, it says they've not received my refund yet. TOTALLY SCREWED UP.

I think the stimulus broke the IRS last year. I'm going to consider myself lucky if I get my refund by August.

When can I start adding interest again?

arlosmama

I'm having the same error message for my 2020 e-filed refund, and my return was accepted 2/14. I still haven't received my refund for 2019-I mailed it in 7/2020 and it says processing for that one. Broke single mom here-I need MY money. :( I didn't get the last stimulus either, and I doubt I'll get this one. I filed it on my taxes but who knows when I will get it. Taxes are theft. 

@arlosmama omg I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. That is truly horrible. You might want to reach out to your local legal aid agency and see if you can get some help collecting your money. And make sure you get the interest on that money that they owe you.

I read the other day that the IRS paid $3 BILLION on interest for late tax refunds last year. They are paying up to 3-5% on refund amounts that are issued after April 15. Hopefully this makes up for your wait and you end up with a big chunk of money this year!

My refund status suddenly started showing and the refund amount was changed by IRS. It is directly showing refund approved. I didn't get any status for the last 22 days and suddenly it showed up so seems like it just delays from the IRS side.

Mine still says the same thing as before, however, I tried my wife's social and it says "Your tax return is still being processed".  Not sure what's up with that but at least I know they got it and are working on it.  

Thanks for the helpful info.

Just curious, did you claim stimulus check not received and might have a math calculation error?

cserizawa

Hi,

I saw your message and gave it a try. I entered my ss instead of my husband (primary) and finally it worked.

I got "expected refund of $0.00 too. 

My WMR tool said my refund was processing with topic 152 and now it says info doesnt match. How is this possible 

@Carsbaby2978  wrote:

My WMR tool said my refund was processing with topic 152 and now it says info doesnt match. How is this possible 

The tool is quirky.   More so this year than in previous years.   It doesn't always show up in the tool as it moves through various stages of processing.  If it showed up previously, then you know they have it and are working on it.   Only the IRS knows what all they are doing with your return.

Of course, you do have to be sure you are entering your information into the tool exactly like you entered it before without any typos.

You can also try the IRS Refund Hotline.  800-829-1954

I have seen some users get info there even when it was not showing up in the IRS WMR too.

If it has been longer than 21 days since your return was accepted, we can tell you how to phone the IRS to speak to a live agent, but it's not an easy task.

Severiano

This just happened to me yesterday. 

lb77

Not necessarily true. Mine went from "received" to "approved" with a note that the refund should hit my bank by 3/17 to " You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again." - All within about a 5 day span. Fascinating that I can't seem to get the money I paid in nor stimulus 2 or 3. Will I have to file for all this on my 2021 taxes come 2022?? No problem taking my money last year when I paid in, but evidently the hiccup may be due to my 2019 taxes never actually being processed. Go figure. Any trouble shooting help greatly appreciated. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies