turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can I file my W-2 and 1099G under the free filing?

i filed with a w2 and 1099-g. i was forced to pay for 60 dollars for deluxe for federal, then they charge 50$ for the state and with taxes I paid a dollar shy of 120$. F U TURBO TAX> i used to love you guys.

Need to make sure you answer certain questions regarding credits and deductions in a manner that would upgrade you.  Next time just go straight to the W-2 section and the unemployment section, enter that and go to file.

It free If you make under $100,000 don’t get no medical expenses 1099G an appointment I was charge a fee for taxes that I file that I’m still waiting for and I’ll pay with my credit card

Interesting. They charged me 120$ and I made only about 26 27k this year. Most on unemployment too so this is their BS criteria.. somehow I fell under their requirements but yet they gave me no option to but to file through them thru deluxe and then upgraded the deluxe federal cost of 60 dollars ( funny because there was a promo of 5 $ off that didnt register and and then somehow charged me 50$ for state. Which is more understandable than federal as I fell under free file with that.) Used turbo tax for 10 years. The year of pandemic was when they charged me 80$ and now 120.  The two hardest  Never again.

Apparently if you're struggling to live on unemployment at tax time, TurboTax thinks you should spend more money to file. After many years using this service, I'm doing my taxes by hand this year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies