turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Harold

wont let me file, 1 item on the gross compensation worksheet, say payer has one to many letters?

wont let me file, 1 item on the gross compensation worksheet, say payer has one to many letters?wont let me file

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

wont let me file, 1 item on the gross compensation worksheet, say payer has one to many letters?

gross compensation worksheet?  what type of income are you reporting?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Same problem here.  I have three w-2s on my federal but somehow a fourth one pops up in state that is completely blank.  The Gross Compensation Worksheet error tells me to remove it from the sheet but there is literally no way to do that on here.  So far I've been on hold for almost two hours, hoping someone will eventually pick up the phone and offer some help. 

jakecaw
Returning Member

has anyone got an answer to this problem? I am experiencing the same issue. I am trying to rectify an issue with a PA gross compensation worksheet which states that I have to delete a row entry for a W2 since I have more W2s than included in my federal return. However, there is no way for me to delete any row entries?

MarilynG1
Employee Tax Expert

@whyknot2k Go back to your original W-2 entries in your Federal return to delete the incorrect W-2.

Type 'w2' in the Search area, then click on 'Jump to w2'. 

This link gives info on How to Manually Enter a W-2.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you for your reply. I actually did all of that and it still didn’t fix it. I completely deleted all of my information, started all over from scratch and it still happened.

jakecaw
Returning Member

Yep same with me. I have been on the phone with 4 associates. None of them could figure this out. I have filed 1 W2, but 2 are showing up on the gross compensation statement. I cleared all my information and went through it again. Same issue. 

It must be a defect in your product.  FYI completed  my return through TaxAct with no issues in for $25 rather than $150. So good luck TurboTax- least ethical product design I have encountered, and a buggy one at that.

cdew
Returning Member

check the my info section under other state income  and make sure the box that says no other state income is checked 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies