turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joecavy60

Will Turbo Tax software be up and ready to accommodate folks who need the $10,200 tax exemption for edd income?

When will TurboTax software be updated for the $10,200 edd tax exemption?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

Will Turbo Tax software be up and ready to accommodate folks who need the $10,200 tax exemption for edd income?

Unfortunately, we do not yet know when we will have received the new information from IRS and implemented it into our system.

Yes, TurboTax is patiently waiting for IRS to update their own system and then provide instructions to the software developers on how they want them to make the changes in their software. 

If you haven’t filed your 2020 taxes yet and would like to receive progress status updates, please sign up here

I have seen where some say their’s has been updated.  Mind has not as of this morning.

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

That is correct - the desktop version of TurboTax still hasn't updated for unemployment issue.

We’re working hard to keep TurboTax up to date with the latest tax changes based on instructions we receive from the IRS. 

To get updates on our progress, go to one of the following links to sign-up:

For customers who have already filed: How do I get the new unemployment benefits if I’ve already filed my taxes? 

For customers who have not yet filedHow do I claim the new unemployment benefits in TurboTax? 

joecavy60

I use the online version offered when they email me. I only realized it didn't offer the deduction after almost completing the darn thing. 

How do I know before beginning it?  How can I find out updates from TT? 

The sign up for updates thing TT offers glitched out and wouldn't let me submit.

joecavy60

I was unable to sign up for TT update on the $10,200 deduction thing. The 'submit' button was glitching out and wouldn't submit. Tried again, same thing.

Is there a way to tell if the online version they offer is updated BEFORE I begin?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

We’re working hard to keep TurboTax up to date with the latest tax changes based on instructions we receive from the IRS. To get updates on our progress, go to one of the following links to sign-up:

For customers who have already filed: How do I get the new unemployment benefits if I’ve already filed my taxes? 

For customers who have not yet filedHow do I claim the new unemployment benefits in TurboTax? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
J7r888

Hi, do we have an update on this matter?

Both programs have been updated now  HOWEVER the IRS just made another change so if your unemployment is not being negated because your AGI is over $150K then you need to wait until that new change has been implemented.  

J7r888

Will the AGI matter with the new update?  If so, is there a new cap?

Will the AGI matter with the new update?  NO

J7r888

Thank you for your help.  Do you have a link on this new update by the IRS?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies