Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is it so hard to find the "Ask a question" button???????

Home and  Business is one of the two versions of TT that support businesses. You had a business which provided you with income as a tax worker from the IRS' perspective.

In Home and Business, go into the Business section->Business Income->Other Income and add your income.

I don't have that version because I don't have a business. Working at the polls isn't having a business.

Next time I'm going to tell them to keep their money. This isn't worth it!

According the the IRS, you have a very limited business. I suspect the Personal version doesn't support that but someone from Intuit needs to respond to that.

That does it. Next year I'm going to have someone prepare my taxes. TurboTax can't save me any money. Every time I run into something I have to pay for another upgrade. This is ridiculous. I'm not a millionaire and I don't own a company. My taxes aren't that complicated, but clearly too difficult for TurboTax to handle. TurboTax is very expensive and full of bugs, and getting support is a nightmare. Enough!

Thanks, you speak for me too.

Ah, now I see the button.  It's got a blue background on a blue background, so the text is mostly hidden.

I taught a Human Factors course over 3 decades ago and I would have flunked a student who made this error 🙂

There's a new problem I see with "Community-> Discussions -> Taxes pages.

The menu up top shows the mentions and message counts for half a second

then goes to "Open TurboTax"  "Sign in".

But I'm still signed in.

This started a couple of weeks ago.

Moderator please check it out. Thanks.

@fanfare wrote:

Moderator please check it out.

There was a change to the forum software and this is the result; there is nothing to check. You simply are "partially logged out" after a certain period of inactivity and need to sign in again.

I've never heard of being "partially logged out".

Hey I figured out that if you hit browser refresh and move quickly you can beat the change of menu.  (Chrome)

@tagteam 

@fanfare wrote:

Hey I figured out that if you hit browser refresh and move quickly you can beat the change of menu.  (Chrome)

Yes, I should have mentioned that, but it certainly is tricky. Also, you can do that with most browsers (I've tried Edge, Chrome, and Firefox).

SuziM

Hi @fanfare, there was an update to the community that allows users to be able to navigate between their different Intuit products with a single sign-in. So you can be signed into the community without being fully signed in to your Intuit account. We are working on creating a more user-friendly experience and that may include updates to the feature in the future.

Yes it's very annoying.  I have to keep logging in fully to see my messages, notifications and profile.  I used to stay logged in.  Now it's like every time I open my iPad.  What's the time limit on it?

No actually . . . they don't.  I had this problem yesterday.  Nothing I read anywhere helped.  It took me half an hour to find a way to ask a question.Screenshot 2022-12-22 094531.png

but there should be one on the main page

Screenshot 2022-12-22 094759.png

I used to be a programmer and my husband was a web developer . . . they can do better.

This does do a good job of keeping the number of open conversations to a minimum :(

@tbduvall Yeah----not sure what designer  came up with the idea to put the BLUE "Ask a Question" button on a graphic with a BLUE background.....but it is there on every "category" of tax issues if you look closely.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies