turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Why is GA not accepting efile until 2/3/2020?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

46 Replies

Georgia will be accepting state tax returns starting on 02/01/2020 - https://dor.georgia.gov/wheres-my-refund

The state of Georgia is not accepting returns until 2/01/20, according to the State's website https://dor.georgia.gov/individual-electronic-filing-faq. If you are receiving a message stating efile not available until February 3rd, please log back into your TurboTax Online account or TurboTax Desktop program on February 3rd. Click "Take Me To Return" and follow the steps provided so that you can complete your State return and efile it. 

Does this stop you from filing federal to???

@Britt90 wrote:

Does this stop you from filing federal to???

You can e-file federal and state at the same time.  The state e-file will just be Pending until the state starts receiving tax returns.

I live in ga and turbotax won't even submit my taxes to federal or state until February 3rd because of this.

Just like "Britt90" stated about the federal, is there a way to tell the system to not file both at once? because it seems like as it stands the system will keep trying to e-file both federal and state at the same time on its own and thus causes for the file not to be sent because of this. I, myself, only need the federal sent and I can't do that when every time I press "transit my returns now" it always say "You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Georgia Personal tax returns starting 02-03-2020 06:00 AM. We'll see you then!" as if I want them to file at the same time...

No ones question has been answered. We all in GA and experience the same issue. Is the federal portion filed or not? The way I read it nothing will be filed until 2/3. This has never been an issue before. Normally federal files immediately and then state a few weeks later. It looks like we are stuck for a week. Unless someone can actually answer the question. Is our federal filed or not?

This is rediculous... itntold me the other day I had to wait until the 27th to file, which was fine, but now its telling me 2/3. This wasn't a problem last year!

same here...I have filed with TT for many years and this is a 1st.

shonda88

So on 2/3 will turbo automatically resubmit or would we have to go back into the portal and submit the return?

4100ĢA
Returning Member

I found a work around. When it asks to file return at end choose to mail instead. Then you will have a option to efile federal without the state and either mail the state return or complete it later to efile on 2/3 or whenever the state of GA is ready. I hope this helps and I explained it to the best of my ability. 

4100ĢA
Returning Member

Nope I just filed my federal without my state with option to do it later. 

Thank you so much for answering this question! It worked!!

4100ĢA
Returning Member

I am glad it helped.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies