Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

krisma

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Why is GA not accepting efile until 2/3/2020?

I completed federal and state several days ago.  I waited until the 27th I it says it can't efile until the 3rd.  I went back and opted to mail in my GA return, since there is now no option for me to finish GA taxes later, tried to efile again, and it still says it won't efile until the 3rd.  Now i'm stuck sitting on my federal for a week because of GA.

tinarin91

So when I was filing my taxes I had picked e-file for my Federal and mail for my state just to see if it would go through. My Federal got accepted. But now my state says ready to mail I actually want to e-file my state as well. Can anyone tell me how I can change it to e-file instead of "ready to mail" or if its to late to go back and change it to e-file?

@tinarin91 wrote:

So when I was filing my taxes I had picked e-file for my Federal and mail for my state just to see if it would go through. My Federal got accepted. But now my state says ready to mail I actually want to e-file my state as well. Can anyone tell me how I can change it to e-file instead of "ready to mail" or if its to late to go back and change it to e-file?

See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online...

Hi, I have been trying for a few days now. However I did down load the app to my phone. I must say I was able to aummit my return about 30 mins ago. 

Zdavis7

It’s not even letting me submit mine either. It won’t even let me submit federal alone 

Zdavis7

It’s not letting us submit anything until the 3rd ..I tried three times 

Good goly gosh thank you for answering the question!!! I got federal filed yay

It worked! Thank you so much for that workaround. You would think the website would have a sentence saying “however, you can still efile your federal taxes.” 🤯

bernice0211
Returning Member

Not true.  I was able to file on January 30 and my Georgia state return is pending and Federal has been accepted.

WKins2
Expert Alumni

Generally, if you are not able to e-file your return it is because your state has not opened up the e-filing option yet. Even though the IRS has started to accept e-filed starting 1/27/2020 there are some states who have not finalized their tax forms yet, thus not opening the e-file option.

Click here to look up your state and see when all forms will be ready: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

Once the forms are ready you will be able to e-file your return and check the status here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/how-do-i-check-my-e-file-status/00/25538

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hello everyone my federal was accepted on the 21  but ga still pending 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Please see this statement from the Georgia Department of Revenue: The Department is protecting Georgia taxpayers from tax fraud. It may take more than 90 business days from the date of receipt by DOR to process a return and issue a refund.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-georgia-tax-refund/00/26560

zazaza

I filed Georgia on 5th Corp and they still havent accepted everything else went thru is anyone else experiencing a delay with Ga Corp

zazaza

My Georgia Corp State Return is still pending they accepted my Personal its been three days now still pending

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

The States are generally slower than the IRs to process e-filed returns. Some take 5-7 business days, or more if certain forms are included (depending on the State in question)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies