Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is form 8995A still unavailable?

Did you add it manually?

If the form is empty remove it from your return and see what happens

I finally got 8995A seemingly working. But I am still very disappointed with TurboTax and its quality control reviewers. For example: Although the bottom line and the final calculations were correct, the numbers filled in Schedule A of form 8995A are telling the story of math aptitude of TT experts or reviewers who performed QC before finally releasing it. Here it is,

Line 7 - 34,390 (derived from earlier numbers)

Line 8 - 50,000 (given)

Line 9 - Divide line 7 by line 8 - 0.006878 (TT filled in this number)

Line 10 - Applicable percentage . Subtract line 9 from 100% - 0.3122% (TT filled in this number)

So after sitting on the released form for about 10 days in order to make sure everything was correct, this is what they came up with? 

Hey, guys.  Had a quick question for ya'll.

I guess my return is complete but it cannot be e-filed.  It says, "You have QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B - Aggregation of Business Operations, in this return."  Is this normal?  Should I be concerned?  Should I just go ahead and print it out and mail it in the old fashioned way?  I'm about fed up with this crap this year.....waiting for all these forms to be released and TT to be updated....what a freaking goat rope!!!

Thanks!!

@itsanss88 

Please forget TurboTax (see my post above). Go to FreeTaxUSA and fill it all out again. You may not be able to import the info, but it is free and accurate, and smart too. 

If the 8995-A has not been fully released then you cannot file a correct return. If you can still get TT to file, then I might do so and the file an amended return. No tax is due with this return.

According to this site:

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms

8995-A was released by the IRS on 2/28. That does not mean its implemented in TT yet. Suggest you chat online with then since no experts hear really know.

@pverma222 One may need to file a business return ( get get a K1) and that is a return that FreeTaxUSA might not be able to handle.

Right now TT Business creates an accurate return. Its the personal product that is not working and that return is  not due until 4/15.

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Hello everyone, 8995 is available and working but there are some issues that require a workaround.

If you are using the desktop version, your update may not be working properly and you need to call in and have a new download pushed to you. Please use the following link for a customer support number.

If your situation involves an aggregation, you will need to print and mail your return.  @itsanss88

@jenv

@dalcorp

@POedToo

@jimhanus

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
chaspvoch

March 18 and I can't file my returns because too many FORMS are not available.  Never in all of the years I've been using TurboTax or your counter-part TaxCut never been able to file a return in a timely manner.  March 18 is less than 1 month from the due date.  Will all of the FORMS be available before April 15?  If not, then I'm going to have to go another direction and respectfully request a refund of the price paid for Home and Business 2019.

@chaspvoch wrote:

March 18 and I can't file my returns because too many FORMS are not available.  Never in all of the years I've been using TurboTax or your counter-part TaxCut never been able to file a return in a timely manner.  March 18 is less than 1 month from the due date.  Will all of the FORMS be available before April 15?  If not, then I'm going to have to go another direction and respectfully request a refund of the price paid for Home and Business 2019.

All the forms and schedules are available except for the Form 8915 - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_windows_individual.htm...

Go another direction?

Go for it. There are a bunch of good alternatives available. 

From what I can tell, all of my forms for my personal tax situation are available, but for some stupid reason I'm unable to E-file this year as I've done for a decade.  I keep waiting to see if something will update/change to allow me to E-file, but so far not yet.  I'll give it another week or so and I guess I'll just print everything out and mail it in.  I'm also a Home & Business 2019 user.

Take care and good luck

@itsanss88 wrote:

From what I can tell, all of my forms for my personal tax situation are available, but for some stupid reason I'm unable to E-file this year as I've done for a decade.  I keep waiting to see if something will update/change to allow me to E-file, but so far not yet.  I'll give it another week or so and I guess I'll just print everything out and mail it in.  I'm also a Home & Business 2019 user.

Take care and good luck

Depends in what form.   The IRS has revised many forms for 2019 and because of the low usage of some of those forms has not programed the IRS e-file system to accept those forms so mail fileing is the only option.

Check this list to see if it is e-fileable or not…

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Mac2TT
Returning Member

March 19, 2020   Using CD version of Deluxe 2019 and can not get form 8995A to appear.  Form 8995 shows up, but not the A.  Read the IRS rules and they suggest need for 8995A - but then too many words to be certain. . . . .    Where is 8995A?

@Mac2TT wrote:

March 19, 2020   Using CD version of Deluxe 2019 and can not get form 8995A to appear.  Form 8995 shows up, but not the A.  Read the IRS rules and they suggest need for 8995A - but then too many words to be certain. . . . .    Where is 8995A?

Both forms are available in the desktop editions

Form 8995, Qualified Business Income Deduction Simplified Computation

Form 8995-A, Qualified Business Income Deduction

IRS Form 8995-A Instructions -  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8995a.pdf

IRS Form 8995 Instructions - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8995.pdf

@itsansd88

You are better off waiting and finding a way to e-file.

I filed on 2 feb by USPS certified mail. It was "delivered" a few days later. After six weeks when I did not get my refund, I checked on "where is my refund". No info there!

So I called IRS, and found out that IRS never received my tax forms. Now I have to decide whether I should mail the duplicate copy or e-file.....Well e-file is the way, no chance to have "a delivered certified mail" get lost.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies