turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is form 8995A still unavailable?

@Mac2TT I believe TT will select the appropriate form based upon your return. I don't understand what getting 8995 to work seems so difficult but it seems to me that someone from Intuit needs to explain exactly what triggers the QBI dialog and the insertion of an 8995 form.

I know there are step-by-step questions that did appear for me once the product was updated.

Maybe start a new return with the current version instead of trying to get an existing one to work. I really dont think the simple deduction is really that hard. Its when the 8995A comes into play that it become more confusing.

Mac2TT
Returning Member

Still no 8995A form.  Re-reading IRS instructions, it is just possible that Turbo Tax (Deluxe from CD) has not identified one of my business (using C) as one that should use 8995A.   How might one communicate to Turbo Tax that a particular business needs to be considered for 8995A?

Drame

So the form is available but it's not working.  It doesn't have my K-1 info entered nor will it let me enter anything in.

Drame

So y form 8995 is not working.  I called, got a new download, and the form still won't let me enter my K-1 info, nor is it entered automatically.

Not sure why you are entering data into the forms. Use the step by step feature. 

Drame

The step by step doesn't address the QBI deduction.  The K-1 entries should auto populate everything to make the deduction.  I did find the problem in forms though.  There are new sections in your TT k-1, Section D-1, D-2, instead of the 2018 Section D.  In section D-1 "Ordinary business Income" should be auto populated but it is not.  That needs to be filled in manually, then everything else will populate from there.

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

You can enter your K-1 Section 199A information in the Step-by-Step interview.  Once you have entered the code Z/code V/code I in box 20/box 17/box 14 (depending on which type of K-1 you are entering) you Continue, and you'll find two screens that will accept the amounts from the Section 199 Statement or STMT that came with your K-1.  When you check the box next to a category on those two screens, a place will open up to enter your amounts.  The applicable boxes on these screens must be completed in order for your Section 199A information to be correctly input into TurboTax.

Here are the "We need some information about your 199A income or loss" and "Let's check for some uncommon adjustments" screens where you enter the information from your Section 199A Statement:

To get back to the K-1 summary screen and find the Schedule K-1 to edit, click the "magnifying glass Search" icon on the top row, enter "k-1" in the search window and press return or enter, and then click on the "Jump to k-1" link to find the K-1 you need to edit.

TurboTax will complete the Form 8995-A, but if you are aggregating QBI businesses, as of 3/21/2020 TurboTax will not e-file the Form 8995-A Schedule B.  As of 3/21/2020 that Form 8995-A Schedule B return must be printed and mailed. No date has been given for when the e-filed will be enabled for Form 8995-A Schedule B.

Note that I use the box 20/box 17/box 14 and code Z/code V/code I in these explanations, because these screens are needed regardless of the type of K-1 for which you are entering the Statement A - QBI Pass-through Entity Reporting:  

• For a partnership Form 1065 Schedule K-1, the Schedule A QBI information is entered into TurboTax as box 20 with a code Z.
  •  For an S-corp Form 1120S Schedule K-1, the Schedule A QBI information is entered into TurboTax as box 17 with a code V.
  • Form a trust Form 1041 Schedule K-1, the Schedule A QBI information is entered into TurboTax as box 14 with a code of I (as in India).
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So could this be the problem?

Could it be that you have to Indicate that you have a value in one of the questions even if all you have is a code, for example V on question 17.

Could this be the point of confusion that causes TurboTax to not work? Perhaps there should be better instructions within TurboTax to ensure that customers indicate they have a value for a question on the K1 even if there’s no actual dollar value on the K1. 

Drame

So I found the problem.  It lies in the K-1 form that TT provides.

In the step by step I manually enter the data.

In forms they have a new section in the K-1 form.  Where there used to be section D, there is now section D-1 and D-2.

In section D-1 you again need to manually enter the K-1 data.  Then the rest of that form populated and the 8995 forms.

Thanks for replying.

MRP7860
Returning Member

This is absolutely unacceptable that Turbotax cannot fix the problem the problem 

Ram3
Returning Member

When the form is expected to available for efiling

@Ram3 wrote:

When the form is expected to available for efiling

It is available for e-filing

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

We have finished our returns.

But can't file because it's stating our 8995 is not available yet.

This is very frustrating anyone know what to do from here?

Thanks in advance,

Theo 

@imokwinning wrote:

We have finished our returns.

But can't file because it's stating our 8995 is not available yet.

This is very frustrating anyone know what to do from here?

Thanks in advance,

Theo 

Update your software.  Click on Online at the top of the desktop program screen.  Click on Check for Updates.

Verify that the TurboTax software for Windows is at the latest release.  See this TurboTax support FAQ - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/verify-turbotax-for-windows-basic-deluxe-premier-or-...

hsbrown68
Returning Member

I have been told it is available.  I have done an update to my program, and says all is up to date, yet still getting the error that form 8995 is not approved and will not let me file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies