turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is form 8995A still unavailable?

Forget e-filing. I printed 8995A from IRS site, filled it out with ink, attached with everything else, and now am done. I believe I don't need 8995a.  But TT is saying I do.

The usual major reason for form delays is the IRS testing and approving e-filed forms.   Since the 8995A form is not a commonly used form it tends to be at the bottom the the IRS priority list.    Since the late tax laws changed so many forms the IRS it doing the more common forms first.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

This is TurboTax problem only. HR Block has this form available.

hrblock.com/tax-software/updates-back-editions/fed[product key removed]able.html

@deepsouth wrote:

This is TurboTax problem only. HR Block has this form available.

hrblock.com/tax-software/updates-back-editions/fed[product key removed]able.html

Your link does not work. The following link does work and it indicates the form is not available.

https://www.hrblock.com/tax-software/updates-back-editions/federal-forms-available.html

gms

So, AGAIN, Why is it taking so long?

@gms wrote:

So, AGAIN, Why is it taking so long?

Because when you combine programming (extremely difficult to understand) and tax law (impossible to understand), it takes a bit longer.

what's funny is it's available on the web version of turbotax. What's annoying is I can't be signed into turbotax live and quickbooks at the sametime.

Hahaha....Where are the TurboTax apologists? They flew away in the face of this post (I have to trust that this post is true).

@pverma222 wrote:

Hahaha....Where are the TurboTax apologists? They flew away in the face of this post (I have to trust that this post is true).

No idea what "this post" is trying to say, but the 8995A form is scheduled for the 2/20 update.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Answer to cubeman's post, the one above mine who I responded to. That is "this post". 

Add me to the list. I’m getting a whopping $249 deduction tied to this so it’s worth about $70. Id rather give up the deduction and file, but can’t figure out a way to do so. 

I'm also waiting for 8995A. I talked with TT support today and asked how likely they would actually get the form updated by 2/20 and not push it back again. They checked and said the date is firm. hope so. I need to make a March 1st tax deadline and I'm pretty busy for the  last ten days of the month. 

According to TT, the IRS had not yet transmitted them the form. Who knows. Very frustrating. 

lk55
Level 1

I don't even have any QBI, no clue why this stupid form is still holding up my filing.

@lk55 

Look at your 1099-Div box 5 ... that is what is triggering the 8995A.

sisay2013

The form 8995 QBI Statement: Qualified Business Income Safe Harbor Statement is already available on HR Block per the above posted links. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies