turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is form 8995A still unavailable?

I have same problem. I was given e-mail notification saying this form was ready but when I go to update its still the same without the form

Same with state form. Won't let me do my return until it is available

can probably do manually and get it done faster

That’s all fine and dandy, but we didn’t even know we had to wait on that form until we got to the very end of our small business forms. Delays like this hurt badly. Turbo could have given us a heads up that this wasn’t their fault, but they did originally promise  the update on Feb. 12th. And now it’s the 20th.  and I’m not buying the fact that they have to wait on the IRS for approval. Complete trash. 

Turbo tax did a bait and switch. No notification given until after payment. Bad business. 

ctooch99

I have been using Turbo Tax for 15 years and this is the first time it has ever been "delayed by a form" - especially since that form has been readily available on the IRS web site for well over a month, in addition you guys are now pushing the filing date out by 10 more days now...  wow.

Explain to me the advantage again of  shelling out 79 bucks next year?   I will just print the IRS forms early and mail my return in...  not being a **bleep**, it just makes zero sense to use this tool if I cannot file and get my refund early.

F8995A

I wanted to file early to avoid any potential fraud and now I feel exposed! 

@ctooch99 wrote:

...it just makes zero sense to use this tool if I cannot file and get my refund early.

If you are getting a refund every year, particularly a substantial refund, then you might want to adjust your withholding if you receive a W-2 and/or your estimated tax payments. Otherwise, you are essentially making the treasury department your bank, and they do not pay interest on your money.

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Form 8995-A qualified business income deduction, is expected to be available on 02/20/2020.

The IRS had to finalize and approve the form for e-filing before the form is available on TurboTax.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Even the IRS will not give a definite date for their Free File forms - the 8995 is "To be determined"  which  means the IRS does not even have an estimated date for release.

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms

TurboTax is part of the IRS Free File alliance and the Free File version  is usually updated at the same time as the other online versions.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Add me to the list of people waiting on forms.

I really wish Intuit would get it together and get this form available. Intuit is holding my tax refund hostage.

And please don't give any advice on how/why I shouldn't get a big refund because it's an interest free loan to the IRS blah blah. The form 8995 is for BUSINESS INCOME which is not at all equivalent to a person with a single regular job with income that doesn't much change year to year. Especially for anyone with a new business filing in their first or second year, the average new business owner can't predict how things will work out in the first year. 

Some things are out of their control ... once the IRS approves the efile form it will be released for use ... I am sure someone on this thread will post when they see it working. 

FYI ... my professional program is still waiting for that form to be released also ... it is not just a TT thing. 

@jesses408 wrote:

...the average new business owner can't predict how things will work out in the first year. 

That is why the IRS has a safe harbor.

See https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc306

Would have been better off paper mailing this year, and I would agree that the fraud on others submitting my tax return is a concern.

Terrible bait and switch on me paying for the service and then not being able to file, I should file my w-2 and then my business income secondary but I'll have to pay a resubmitting fee and have to mail it anyways!  Bad form guys.

Turbotax going Turbo.....

@WreckitRalph wrote:

Would have been better off paper mailing this year, and I would agree that the fraud on others submitting my tax return is a concern.

Terrible bait and switch on me paying for the service and then not being able to file, I should file my w-2 and then my business income secondary but I'll have to pay a resubmitting fee and have to mail it anyways!  Bad form guys.

Turbotax going Turbo.....

Even the IRS says the form is not available for e-filing.

https://www.irs.gov/e-file-providers/list-of-available-free-file-fillable-forms

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 7.24.17 PM.jpg

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies