Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is form 8839 not available?

Why is form 8839 not available to exile?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

138 Replies

Form 8839, Qualified Adoption Expenses for tax year 2021 is estimated to be finalized and available in TurboTax on 02/10/2022

Why is the form 8839 available on irs and other tax prepare software? Why isnt turbo tax updated with this?

Why is the form ready for the IRS and other tax websites and not TurboTax? Why is it taking 10 days more than the IRS and others to get this on TurboTax?

guess what. now it march 3rd. can someone please help fix this. i have done my taxes 2 weeks ago. never had a problem till this year. What is the deal with form 8839? if they make it any later i,ll be filing late. 1st it was feb. 3 ,then feb. 10th . now march 3rd.....whats up.

Agreed, I contacted support a few weeks ago and was told 2/3, and I waited till yesterday and tried again. Then it said 2/17, now I see 3/3 as well.

Its available on IRS website, so I agree why cant we finish and file in turbotax? Can we get a refund on the software? I'd like to go to a different software that can process the form.

This morning it was Feb. 17th. I actually called 4 different tax preparer companies and they all said the form was not ready. Not sure exactly when it will be released. This is the IRS not tt Fault. 

@jill.clasby wrote:

This morning it was Feb. 17th. I actually called 4 different tax preparer companies and they all said the form was not ready. Not sure exactly when it will be released. This is the IRS not tt Fault. 

That form should be available on 2 17.  See this list of forms:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

The Intuit link shows 03.03 when I viewed it today.

Also, the IRS form is already here:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8839.pdf

Same here. The date has  changed 3 times already. So frustrating to the ones that try to get an early start. 

they said it will not be ready until march 3 2022

GS85
Level 1

On  a facebook forum several people mentioned switching to several other providers and being able to file 8839 and some already getting refunds. I need to get a refund and switch to another software. This is unacceptable.

I also read in a forum that someone had filed and did not receive thier full refund. I have called h&r block, Jackson hewitt, and another local CPA and they all told me the form was not ready in their system. I have been ready to file since January 26th. I am not sure why the irs has not released this to tax preparers. Im calling the irs tomorrow and find out myself.

mommyjordan11
Returning Member

I dont understand why is saying 3/3 now. Someone needs to get it together. Should not take this long for a form to be ready. I have never had issues before. Wondering if it's irs or tt? May explore others to see. 

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

In this public forum, we are provided with form availability information, but not an explanation as to why the form is not available until that date. For additional information, it would be necessary to contact Customer Support.

@mommyjordan11

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies