turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dennis-weikel
Returning Member

Why has Turbo Tax not figured it out that completing a W-4 and planning for your taxes is an ongoing issue throughout the year

I'm amazed at the manner the way Turbo Tax operates.   Planning for your taxes is something I expect Turbo Tax to perform.  
I pay a subscription so that I can get Turbo tax ASAP but the software isn't worth anything until January or February when fax forms come out.  
There is NO way of estimating anything.  

Some other company is going to get it and eat Turbo Tax's lunch.  
I will leave Turbo Tax gladly to have a company that understands my needs.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KatieH
Community Manager

Why has Turbo Tax not figured it out that completing a W-4 and planning for your taxes is an ongoing issue throughout the year

Thank you so much for sharing, @dennis-weikel! This is really useful feedback, and we appreciate you!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

W-4 Tax Calculator

W-4 Calculator - Free IRS W-4 Withholding Calculator 2021-2022 | TurboTax® Official

You can use your current Online version or the Desktop program.  You can go though the Estimated Tax section which will prepare estimated payments for next year.  That may help you calculate what you might owe.  You can just type W4 in the search box at the top of your return , click on Find. Then Click on Jump To and it will take you to the estimated tax payments section. Say no to changing your W-4 and the next screen will start the estimated taxes section.

OR go to

Federal Taxes or Personal (H&B version)

Other Tax Situations

Other Tax Forms

Form W-4 and Estimated Taxes - Click the Start or Update button

For Online To get back into your return, try this, you can sign back onto your account, and click on Add a State.  This should get you back into your return.

The Desktop installed program could be used.  It can do unlimited returns and has a What-If worksheet.  You can also save and copy a return with another name to test in.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies