turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

vrpr
Returning Member

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

Basically, these all are going to end up with -  Paying State Separately. You have NO Idea until you see this message. everything looks good, finish all the steps, ready to file, place the order, ready to transmit -- then you see this message. after all the frustration, keep on checking if you miss anything and no errors at all.  you wont be able to transmit the files. but once you call the customer agent they will say YOU ONLY PAID FOR FED check the "View ORDER Details" THERE YOU SEE order confirmation with FEDERAL ( which is very strange, you don't have any idea until you try to transmit your file, we keep assuming we paid both FED and STATE

I Strongly believe that this is a Trick that Turbotax play, put you on a dilemma at the end with option either you print and mail or pay the state fee and efile.

Bri20

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

I’m getting the same error message someone please help !

kllynch

I'm having the same issue.  I've tried all the recommended corrections and nothing has worked.  Token number 792000.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

We have received numerous reports of this experience that appear to be coming from various areas of the program. Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will need to investigate your experience.  Thank you for your participation and patience. a. Check Availability
 Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)b. Remove state and try again
 If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below

1. Sign out of TurboTax.
  2. Sign back in.
  3. E-file the return again.

You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file.c. Send us your tax file
Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)TurboTax Online:  
Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
Click Tools, and then
Click Share my file with Agent.
A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread. TurboTax Desktop:
Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.
Select Send Tax File to Agent.
A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent" Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.
Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jarson
Returning Member

i DO NOT BELIEVE i HAVE USED ANY FORMAT OTHER THAN THE FIRST TIME i WAS NOTIFIED OF A MISSING SALES ITEM VALUE

Jarson
Returning Member

i WAS ATTEMPTING TO ENTER A SALE THAT i HAD MISSED FOR LACK OF INFORMATION WHICH IS WHY

i NEVER RECIEVED A COPY OF MY FEDERAL FILING -i PRESUME.

tHIS LED TO MY ARREMPTS TO COMPLETE INFORMATION ONLY TO USE INCORRECT INFO THAT I HAD MISSRED.

wAS ATTEMPTING TO FIND THE MISSING $200 GAIN THAT SHOWED UP ON tURBO TAX FORM THAT IDENTIFIED A LOT OF MY SALES (i HAD NEVER SEEN SUCH A FORM BEFORE AND FELT i HAD EXCESSIVE LOSSES ENOUGH TO COVER.

At 85 I must be getting rusty.  How can I get back into Turbotax to finish my fed file submitted without concern

for just another loss already larger than necc?   Appreciate your help.  Thank you, Jim R.

Jarson
Returning Member

I was attempting to file because so called formset did not identify that sale was at a loss or Gain and I felt that was reason I never recieved  copy of Fed Return in the first place.

Jarson
Returning Member

I was told I only had to pay the $5 to have my Fed Form sent in and I paid $5 for that if i am not mistaken.

Jarson
Returning Member

I regret that I may of misunderstod what I all my filing with Turbotax for some 25+ years with your software.

I still think I am capable of doing my own takes and will take more time to be sure I or Turbotax advise me

when someting is out of order.  I have a great deal of confidence when utilizing TurboTax.

Simply let me know how to move forward in getting orig.sale work from TDAmer who has also screwed up

my passwords in last few months. Best Regards, Jim R.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

In another thread, a number of users have addressed their experiences with this formset issue. The main solution was to delete the state and re-add it (I assume that you have seen this based on your comment; if not, look for GabiU's comment at this TurboTax Community thread on page 2).

However, several of the users who were asked to pay for the state when they re-added the state, found out that they had only paid for the federal return and not the state, that is, when TurboTax asked them to pay, TurboTax only charged for the federal return, not the state. 

When the taxpayers paid for the state, then they were able to add it and the e-file went through just fine. See this TurboTax Community thread (3 pages).

I don't know what you have paid, but you can see what you owe by opening your tax return (I assume you are using the Online product). On the left, click on Tax Tools, then underneath it click on Tools. In the center, then click on the blue-green box that says "My Fees".

If you paid, say, $40 previously, this probably was only for the federal return, and another $40 is due for the state.

I do not know why TurboTax apparently charged some taxpayers only for the federal return and not the federal and state, but deleting the state, re-adding it and paying for the state, allowed them to file the return without a problem.

Let us know if this works for you.

This actually worked after trying to submit over and over for the last 2 months. Thank you so much!

I had already paid for my returns, but wasn't able to process them because I needed to provide my wife's driver license number and didn't have it at the time. Today, I input the info and attempted to e-file. I received the error "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." I attempted multiple times and it did not go through. I searched online and found another website that suggests deleting the state return and signing out of TurboTax. I did that and re-initiated the state return. Now, it is asking me to pay $50 for the state tax again when I have already paid. I still don't even know if the error will be fixed because I don't want to pay another $50 to try again. Please help! 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

To help get you connected to the right person for assistance, please click the link below. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

Jarson
Returning Member

Good morning,

I have used Turbotax for more than 20 years and never experienced so many problems, sorry.

I would like to know if both my fed & state taxes were filed and if any errors were found so I can move

forward. nothing WE entered would have impacted any gain for me - ie. any error would not benefit

James or Judy Robertson.

Jarson
Returning Member

I was asked to pay for one of our filings and I did pay assumming the 2nd did not require a payment. In meantime I have assummed both filings have taken place though I do not know which filing has or has not taken place.

My major mistake was in attempting to make any changes that led to need to refile as nothing changed financial outcome for filer while benefiting Fed or State.

I still don't know which filing was accepted - please advise.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies