turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why can't I get past the stage of entering details for finalizing my refund and getting my credit score?

When I tried to get my credit report, the page wouldn't let me get past entering my information, rejecting the SSN every time even after I cross referenced my W-2 and my social security card every time. Why is it saying that my SSN is incorrect when I'm positive that it isn't?

Error messages from the site: 

"It looks like some of your personal info isn’t correct. These things can happen. Let’s try again and double check that all of your details are accurate."

"Please enter your 9-digit Social Security Number"

And then, after it boots me out of the selection screen when I enter my SSN and continue, the box where my SSN is supposed to go reads "Please enter a valid 9-digit Social Security Number". My SSN is valid and 9 digits long. 

Any thoughts on how I can get this done with TurboTax? I tried clearing site cookies, along with clearing the saved passwords Chrome keeps, and none of that helped. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Why can't I get past the stage of entering details for finalizing my refund and getting my credit score?

It may not be the SSN that is wrong. Make sure all of your personal information is correct for each entry. Could be that you recently moved or need to input your legal or maiden name, exactly as it would be reported with the credit reporting agencies.

CGalaz

I'm having the same problem and I already tried all the potential solutions. All my info is correct or accurate and tried any potential alternatives to no avail. Is there any other solution? Will the refund get processed regardless?

KarenM90
Intuit Alumni

If you can efile the tax return and it is accepted, your return along with any refund will be processed.  

You can check the status of your efile by opening your return, selecting the File tab, and selecting the Check E-file Status header.

Here is a link with more details of checking your efile status in Turbo Tax:  Check Efile Status.

To check the status of your refund choose Check my Refund Status on this page: Where's my refund?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
azapata15

What if I got my refund in a card and I’m trying to see how much is on that card but it won’t let me because it keeps saying my SSN is incorrect 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

@azapata15 Could you please clarify if the card you had your refund deposited on is the Turbo Prepaid Visa? 

If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, visit TurboPrepaidCard.com or call toll-free at (888) 285-4169. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/why-can-t-i-get-a-turbo-prepaid-visa-card/00/27308

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies