Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

White Box during import while using CD/Download of Turbo Tax 2022 Home and Business

@TomS55 I can't agree with you more on this. I am also in the sector of tax software industry although not for individual income tax purposes. Defects like this would be considered showstopper and be elevated and turned around within 24 hours. I am surprised TurboTax doesn't value customers' time or feedback. They don't care about losing business. This issue was initially brought up in community 3 weeks ago. I already took today's updates but still not seeing the fix. I will reconsider my choice of tax software in the future.

White Box during import while using CD/Download of Turbo Tax 2022 Home and Business

@SuziM Thank you for monitoring this issue and keeping us updated. It is not fixed so far.

today, Jan 24, I just updated quicken home and biz download and I still am getting the 'white screen of death' when trying file > signin > have intuit account    :(

Quick update.  I installed CD/Download of Turbo Tax 2022 Home and Business on my ROG laptop and no 'white screen ' of death !  So, it appears to be a problem related to the Microsoft Surface Laptop4. 

@mwilcox1 My device is Samsung laptop, Whitebox issue exists. It could be related to device or system setting, but no one is providing a solution or workaround if the login function is not compatible with all.

I am using a Samsung laptop with Windows 11

Just an observation ... I only see folks that use the Home & Business version complaining about this issue ... so try using the Deluxe program instead.

Remove the H&B version and get a refund for the program you cannot use. 

You can go here TurboTax CD/Download Refund Request Form to request a refund if still within 60 days of purchase. 

Then buy the cheaper Deluxe version (which can handle ALL the same forms/situations that the pricer H&B version can) and try again.   Then remember in the future to buy the cheaper program to begin with. 

Did not happen yesterday 2/24/23

This is happening to me with the Deluxe version for Windows

this is happening for me on my Premier version of TT not Home and business.  But thanks for your idea

I appreciate the idea. But not interested in doing that. I would prefer the program works as it should!  

Same issue here as of 1/25 am.  Spent an hour on the phone with support following all recommended steps and doing an uninstall/install.  

Diagnostic File:  1080981

LG Gram Laptop

Windows 10

Desktop Home and Business (tried running with Chrome and Edge browser as default in the background)

White Screen occurs via File->Sign-in and when prompted while trying to download financial institution files

I am using TT Premier. As of 2/25/2023 11:49 eastern time, the latest set of program update was released on 2/23/2023. Is there still one pending to resolve this issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SuziM I'm still having the issue after the update today. Do you need more diagnostic files? i can provide one if you'd like. 

Jill V

I am having the same issue. Samsung Laptop using downloaded deluxe. I have white screen. If I click out of TT and come back in I can see the log in screen but it is not accessible. 

So frustrating!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies