turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Steven272

Which turbo tax software I use for S-corp plus personal tax return?

Whcih turbo tax software should I use to file 1120 S and 1040

JosephS1
Expert Alumni

You need 2 separate packages to prepare and file your 1120S and 1040.  TurboTax for Business for the 1120S and TurboTax Premier for your 1040 since you will have a K-1 to enter.

The links below will show what forms are included with the various TurboTax products

TurboTax Individual Forms Available

TurboTax for Business

@Steven272

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
xcicix

Hi just wanted to see if there's any updates on turbo taxes program that they offer since this message was from 2019 but i have seen other companies come out with bundle packs for s-corp filing and personal filing togther. I was wondering if turbo tax has anything like this yet for 2023 or do we still need to buy the two program separately? 

@xcicix No, TurboTax does not have any sort of "bundle" for you to prepare a corporate return and a personal individual return using the same software program.   If you need to prepare both a corporate return and your individual 1040, then you will need both TurboTax Business--which must be used on Windows-- and either TurboTax Deluxe or Premium desktop software.

CD/DOWNLOAD (This requires a full PC or Mac—-cannot be used on a mobile device)

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/

You can also purchase the CD/download from various retailers such as Costco, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Staples, Sam’s Club, etc. etc. etc.

This link Where can I obtain authentic TurboTax software? has a list of authorized TurboTax resellers.

When you use desktop software, there is an additional fee to e-file a state return.  You can avoid that fee if you print, sign and mail the state return.  The state e-file fee is $20 and increases to $25 in March.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-system-requirements/minimum-syst...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

TT still requires separate programs to be purchased... no bundles like other companies.

jeh1x
Returning Member

why does Home & Business not work for S-corp return K-1? It did last year!

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

You can enter the K-1 from the S-Corp on TurboTax Home and Business by selecting the following:

1. Federal
  2. Personal Income
  3. I'll  choose what I work on
  4. Start next to Schedule K-1 under Business Investment and Estate/Trust Income near the bottom of the screen
  5. Yes to did you receive one
  6. Start next to S-Corporations (Form 1120S)
  7. Walk through to enter your K-1

TurboTax Home and Business has never worked to file the S Corp 1120S.  For that you need TurboTax Business

jeh1x
Returning Member

It worked for the last 2 years! K-1s were filed and confirmed by TT. Why is it not working this year? The product 

sales person confirmed it would work last week and as soon as I purchased the product I received an e-mail saying I must procure a separate business product as well!? Is there confusion about producing the K-1??

PatriciaV
Employee Tax Expert

A single-member LLC may be included in a Form 1040 return, but not an S-Corp LLC. That may explain the confusion.

@jeh1x 

@jeh1x   Do you need to create the 1120 S corp return and the K-1?  Then you do need a separate program, Turbo Tax Business.  It is a separate program from the personal Home & Business program.  H&B is only for your personal 1040 return that needs a Schedule C for self employment.  You can enter the K-1 you get from the S corp return into Home & Business.

Do you need to buy the Business program?   You can buy the stand alone do it yourself Business CD/Download program for Windows here (it is not available to do online or for Mac). There are 2 ways to buy it. If you want a CD you need to pick the Advantage Plan in the right box.
https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/cd-download

You can have both Business and Home&Business (or any personal version) installed on the same computer at the same time.  

@jeh1x The TurboTax personal edition of Home & Business has always supported the entry of a Schedule K-1 that was received.

The Home & Business edition has never had the capability to create, complete and file a Form 1065 nor create a Schedule K-1.  That can only be done using the TurboTax Business Edition - https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/cd-download/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies