Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where is the form 8915-f for 2023 filing of 2022 taxes?

I was able to get it to work when I deleted Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr form. The fix from TurboTax DOES NOT work. Once you delete the form, you will need to go back and fill out the information, but my federal and state returns were accepted yesterday...after 5 rejections.

Now you go to the 1099 information and go through the questions. You will need your 2021 8915 form to get the numbers, but it worked perfect for me.

I do not know why anyone is trying to say that the "fix" for the Form 8915-F works, but do not be fooled.  It does not work; it does not properly calculate your refund; and it does not allow you to complete your return with the appropriate information.  This includes the so-called "workarounds" to attempt to remedy TurboTax's incompetence through a back-door duct tape remedy, deleting forms and re-answering questions to try and "trick" the program to properly "re-populate" the forms.  No.  It is still broken.  The program does not work.  

OK past 02/16/2023. Where is the form?

dmccarv

I have updated Turbo Tax for 2022 on March 11th, but I can not enter in line 14 of Form 8915-f. What are my options?

I am having the same issue. I just spent 300 to file and my fed and state are being rejected because of the form. I don't think that form is updated anyhow No one will answer my questions

I never been rejected but was rejected twice before getting it right and accepted, I'm hoping we aren't all audited because of TT

I cannot even get an 8915-f to show up. It is only showing forms 8915-E Wks and 8915-S Wks after accurately answering the questions. It does not ask for any information. (MAC DOWNLOAD VERSION). 

EDIT: The portion to enter my 2021 8915-F was not generating, but has now appeared after today's update (?). So far so good.

Is this form available for 22 tax season yet?

I think TT screwed us, I was rejected twice but then accepted. Now there's is ppl who are getting refund who filed days after I filled 3/10 and it says processing other years within 2 weeks I had a date. Something's not right.

DanaB27
Expert Alumni

Please try these steps to fix the rejection issue and delete the line C entry (if you only had the Covid Distribution):

1. Login to your TurboTax Account 
  2. Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”  
  3. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” 
  4. If you do not have any 2022 1099-R answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R then enter all 1099-R and after entering your last 1099-R click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info​​​​​​​” screen)
  5. Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen
  6. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?"
  7. Uncheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and click continue
  8. On the "Which disaster affected you in 2020?" screen select the blank entry (click on it) and click "continue"
  9. Go through all the question
  10. On the Income & Wage screen click "Edit" next to "IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)"
  11. Click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info​​​​​​​” screen
  12. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?"
  13. Then recheck the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here", enter your information from your 2021 Form 9815-F, and then continue.

Another option is to delete "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and then go back to the retirement section and reenter the information:

1. Open or continue your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the left menu, select "Tax Tools" and then "Tools".
  3. In the pop-up window Tool Center, select "Delete a form".
  4. Select "Delete" next to "Form 8915-F" and "Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Distr" and follow the instructions.
  5. Click on the "Search" on the top and type “1099-R”  
  6. Click on “Jump to 1099-R” 
  7. If you do not have any 2022 1099-R answer "No" to "Did you get a 1099-R in 2022?" (If you have any other 1099-R then enter all 1099-R and after entering your last 1099-R click "Continue" on the “Review your 1099-R info​​​​​​​” screen)
  8. Answer "Yes" to the "Have you ever taken a disaster distribution before 2022?" screen
  9. Answer "Yes" to "Did you take a 2020 Qualified Disaster Distribution?"
  10. Check the box next to "If this was a Coronavirus-related distribution reported in 2020 check here" and enter your information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you TT because of your screw up, not only did we have to file 2 months after the tax season, but now since we have been rejected because of your error, we all are going to get reviewed by the IRS holding up our refunds. I filed the 10 th usually within a week or two I'll Have a DDD but not this year ppl who filed days after the 10th have dates so thank you from a loyal customer for over 7+ years now I have to deal with the mess.

I wonder if TurboTax reps look at the messages on this forum? This has been a disaster for people filing Form 8915F. After many years as a TT customer, I switched over to H&R Block. It was great decision!! My returns were accepted immediately, it cost less, and I felt very comfortable that my taxes were correctly calculated. I also was very disappointed when I called TT customer service twice, and in each case they didn't have a clue what was going on.

Sadly, I had to reference this thread when I was on the phone with customer service to provide THEM with the solution (the correct solution just happened to be posted while I was on the phone with them trouble-shooting).

IMO there really is no excuse for how TT handled this form.  The form was made available by the IRS in early February, wasn't integrated into TT until early March (after 3-4x push-outs from when it was supposed to be available) and then had issues upon integration.  There seemed to effectively be ZERO different with this from from the 2021 Form so the continued push-out of integration just tells me that TT really could not care less about its captive "customers".  

FWIW the woman I spoke with on the phone was very kind & patient as we talked through the issue once the form eventually was made available.

Definitely planning to look at H&R block next year.  TT has been ROUGH this year :(

You will be happy when you switch to H&R next year. I did it this year after all the issues we all had. It was a great experience. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies