Where can I put in my six digit passcode that the irs gave me. Site only lets you put in 5

These are two different pins.  One is an IP PIN. The IP PIN is a six digit number.  Your e-file PIN is 5 digits in length.  To obtain your 5 digit pin and enter it:

1. Click on the Federal Taxes tab.

2. Click on Other Tax Situations.

3. Scroll down to the section "Other Return Info".

4. Click Start, Update, or Revisit button for Identity Protection Pin.

the 5-digit number is your e-filing PIN. the 6-digit number issued by the IRS (not by TurboTax) is your Identity Protection PIN (IP PIN). The 5-digit number remains the same year to year. The 6-digit number changes every year, and the IRS will mail you the new 6-digit number each year.
to enter it, enter IP PIN in the search box and enter. Then click the "jump to" link when it appears.

1. Click on the Federal Taxes tab.

2. Click on Other Tax Situations.

Cpoa1a

@Crystalh856  wrote:

Cpoa1a

That is not an  IP PIN.   If you meant to type CP01A, that is the type of IRS letter, which may have provided your IP PIN.  Read the whole letter.

An IP PIN is a 6-digit PIN provided by the IRS to certain victims of ID theft.   It consists only of numeric digits.  Did you get a CP01A letter from the IRS containing a 6-digit IP PIN?

If so, here's a way to enter the 6-digit IP PIN into your return:

• Log in and open your return ("Take me to my return.")
  • In the left menu column, click Federal.
  • Then at the top Other Tax Situations
  • Scroll down to Other Return Info.
  • Choose Identity Protection PIN and Start (or Revisit.)
  • Next screen asks:  "Did you get an IP PIN from the IRS for this year's taxes?"
  • If you choose "yes", it will have you enter it. 

121358

@saenz31cruz  The IRS has discontinued the e-filing PIN option. To verify your identity for e-filing, you’ll need to use last year's adjusted gross income (AGI).  What happened to the e-filing PIN?

Please see the link below for instructions on how to get last year's AIG:

How do I find last year’s AGI?

Hi can you send me my six digit passcode please 

@Harringtonj95 wrote:

Only the IRS provides the 6 digit Identity Protection PIN because you reported an identity theft to the IRS in a prior year. 

Go to this IRS website for IP PIN information - https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/retrieve-your-ip-pin