turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When will I be able to start my 2019 taxes online? I know I can’t file until 2020 but I’m wanting to have my info in early so I can file as soon as I get my W2.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

When will I be able to start my 2019 taxes online? I know I can’t file until 2020 but I’m wanting to have my info in early so I can file as soon as I get my W2.

The TurboTax online editions for tax year 2019 should be available in early December.

Do not rush to file your tax return.  The IRS will not be accepting any type of 2019 tax return until late January.  Those that file early and before the IRS opens have a better chance of having their tax returns not processed immediately than those returns that are filed after the IRS opens for filing.

And don't file early!  Last year the IRS put out some late changes and some early filers got tax due notices after they got their refund.  Also if you file in an early batch they get stuck in processing and might even take longer to get your refund.  

I had no idea about filing too early! Thank you, that was very helpful! 

Just thought of something else.  You should wait because you might get a late W2 or 1099 in the mail.  They have until Jan 31 to send you the tax forms.  Or they may send you a corrected W2 or 1099 even later.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies