Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

So I went to start my 2022 taxes - apparently 8915-F just had a published revision (draft version from the Fall, final version in the last week or so). And it's not available for entering in TurboTax. I was hoping since it was a "forever form" we'd avoid some of the nonsense this year. Anyone have an idea when the form will be available in TurboTax 2022?

Form 8915-F is available from the IRS but It is not available in turbo tax online. Why and when will it be available?

I agree, if it was a "forever form" we should have been able to avoid this nonsense this year but sadly not the case. It's like we are being penalized over and over. Thank goodness this is the last tax year I have to deal with this nonsense. According to the Form List it says available 2/16/23 however if you remember last year, it was not actually ready on the release date, it was not until several days after when it finally showed up. I'll start trying on the 16th and then go daily from there until the form pops up. Good Luck. 

So the message about it not being ready is gone in the desktop version of Home & Business, and I was able to confirm the info from my 2021 return, but the actual form says "Do Not File" and my refund didn't adjust down, so it's definitely not ready but it's letting you enter the info.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

We will have this available on February 16th, if the IRS is ready to receive it electronically. You can continue to check at the link below for updates.

@Jedi4380

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
gadget77

Hello,

I received a coronavirus  disaster distribution  back in 2020 and I am trying to enter my last of the 3 distributions.. I am unable too since form 8915F is not available..

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Yes, continue to check this page for updates.  The current release date is February 16th, which may mean the IRS is not yet ready to receive them even though they have release the form more timely this year. 

Form is listed as not being available until Feb 16th. I'm in the same boat.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

You will be able to report the final year of the Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments when the form becomes available for use.

Forms availability says that the form will not be available until February 16.

@Momfilingtaxes 

Is  Form 8915-F available for tax year 2022 in TurboTax?

@TurtleTaxes wrote:

Is  Form 8915-F available for tax year 2022 in TurboTax?

Form 8915-F will be finalized and has an estimated availability date of 02/16/2023

TurboTax website for forms availability - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

Form 8915-F is estimated to be available in TurboTax on 02/16/2023

TurboTax website for forms availability - https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

@DoninGA Thank you for your post on the form schedule. However when you look at the details 8915F it says efile for Taxpayer is NOT SUPPORTED and for Spouse will be available on 2/16/23.  What does that mean? How can it be available for one and not the other? 

Any idea what is going on here? IRS says this form is available for efile.

Thanks

@peterooi I also noticed that discrepancy.  It has been reported to the TurboTax Moderators of this forum for an explanation and a correction.

I am very frustrated. I just had a live chat where the person told me that I cannot e-file my federal return with the 8915F.  I told him what the "review" page said and he replied, "well, if that's what it says then you have to file by mail." 

(Below is the text from the Review page since the HTML copy-paste of the table is not supported here.)

Form 8915F-T

Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments

Available to File by Mail: 02/16/2023

Available to E-file: Cannot e-file

I really need to know if this is correct. I've not filed a paper return in almost 30 years. I will have over 100 pages!

Also, I asked him what is a "8915F-T" and if it was different from a "8915F". He told me that he Googled it and didn't find any variations for the 8915F so he couldn't help. 

I was very ticked that I filed in Feb last year without any prompt for the 8915F and had to amend. It was awful. I didn't receive my refund until the end of June. I've been with TT for 12 years (I think). I really don't want to switch. I will definitely find another provider and all of my family filings to another service if TT cannot efile the8915F and others can.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies