Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will form 8915-E be update and available for 2021 tax year?

Just act like you are going to file it brings you to pay before you can efile. Then just click home after you pay.

@DBM213 wrote:

How do you prepay to lock in the current discount? 

To pay the TurboTax online account fees by credit card, without completing the 2021 return at this time, click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return. On the next page, to pay by credit card, click Pay Now. The next screen will show a review of your Fees, click on Continue. Complete the next screen to pay by credit card and click Continue.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Yes, you are allowed to file for an extension by using the Extension to File IRS website. You can also file and extension with TurboTax by clicking the link below.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Due to these unforeseen circumstances, it would be a great customer service move of TurboTax waived the deadline.  Just saying...

Neto67

Thank you MinhT1.

Best Answer is usually when its clear, concise and to the point. I'll wait until the form 8515-F is available.

Wouldn't a person owe six months of interest on the amount due to the IRS even though they file an extension ?

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

Yes, an extension of time to file is not an extension of time to pay.  Interest for underpayment will apply for each day the tax payment (balance due) is paid late.

You can figure out your marginal tax rate and send a payment if you believe you will owe money.  Check your taxable income on line 15, Form 1040 and use that to see your tax rate.  The distribution will be taxed at that rate. Next compare that to the amount of your withholding on the tax return to see the actual balance due, if applicable. Review the rules below to see if you need to send any money now.

• Marginal Rates: For tax year 2021, the top tax rate remains 37% for individual single taxpayers with incomes greater than $523,600 ($628,300 for married couples filing jointly). The other rates are:

• 35%, for incomes over $209,425 ($418,850 for married couples filing jointly);
    • 32% for incomes over $164,925 ($329,850 for married couples filing jointly);
    • 24% for incomes over $86,375 ($172,750 for married couples filing jointly);
    • 22% for incomes over $40,525 ($81,050 for married couples filing jointly);
    • 12% for incomes over $9,950 ($19,900 for married couples filing jointly).
    • The lowest rate is 10% for incomes of single individuals with incomes of $9,950 or less ($19,900 for married couples filing jointly).

Who Must Pay the Underpayment Penalty

In general, you may owe the penalty for 2021 if the total of your withholding and timely estimated tax payments didn't equal at least the smaller of:

1. 90% of your 2021 tax, or

2. 100% of your 2020 tax. Your 2020 tax return must cover a 12-month period.

NOTE: Higher income taxpayers.

If your adjusted gross income (AGI) for 2020 was more than $150,000 ($75,000 if your 2020 filing status was married filing separately), substitute 110% for 100% in (2) above.

@Be4Him

[Edited: 02/23/2022 | 12:08p PST]

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

When does Intuit expect this form to be available.  It looks as if it is available on Drake Software, whatever that is.  This is the only outstanding item needed to file my taxes.   Is there a workaround?  Thanks

The release Date I saw showed Online Turbo Tax would be updated 3/31/22.  The software update for those of us that purchased the software does not show a date in which they expect to release.  So that worries me,  if that happens I hope they intend to refund our money.  For those saying calm down, we will get it eventually:  Anyone in the IT world understands any decent Company has release management in place for this type of situation, so they should be providing more information about their releases to their customers, and yes I did tell them that.  They should also show us what is updated during the online updates, which they do not.   So I wonder if we can submit our taxes without this and do an update once this is released...  Just a thought, anyone have an opinion o that thought?  Thanks

Turbo Tax Fix.png

If you didn't spread the tax over three years you are now golden.  Others will still have to wait unfortunately.  Hopefully, it will be done soon as they seem to be working on it.

I wish. It still stops you and says you need go revisit. 

@Be4Him wrote:

Looks like the issue has been resolved and folks can proceed ?

Only if you did NOT request to have the 2020 distributed over three years.  If you answer YES the next screen tells you that the form is not yet included in the program.

Yes.  I tested that to see and you are correct.  It fixes it for folks that didn't spread over three years, but those who did will have to wait.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DoninGA - so progress is being made!  I feel the 8915-F is not far behind.  But then again we are in the 8915-E thread, so...

gemmill56

I have given up on Turbo Tax.  Form 8915-F is not available, NOW, until 3/31/22.  Why I don't know because the IRS says its available.  I have chosen to go get my taxes done by a professional.  Apparently tax agents have the form.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies