Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will form 8915-E be update and available for 2021 tax year?

Form 8915-F is available on IRS Website with the instruction information.  Why hasn't Turbo Tax updated this form yet?  Need to file for a 2021 disaster relief.  What is the holdup?

Katina S
Intuit Alumni

The forms availability table shows the Form 8915-F estimated date of availability is 03/31/2022. In this public forum, we are not provided with an explanation as to why the form is not available to file your return until that date. For additional information, it would be necessary to contact us at customer support.

@whatastitch

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Katina S  - Good answer but may I suggest changing the way you phrase it.  "No later than 03/31/2022."  Is much easier to accept and understand.  Much more positive way of saying "as soon as possible."

Mstone126

Your company is the worst of all Tax platforms..

This is exceedingly disappointing to have a release date of 3/31/2022 when the update came from the IRS on 2/11/2022.  We have all had to make sacrifices in one way or another to accommodate getting things done on time in spite of COVID-19.  I now need to wait another five or six weeks just to complete my taxes even though I paid all of the taxes up front from a COVID-19 Distribution in 2020.  I know it's difficult when the IRS makes changes late in the game, but your customers would sure appreciate the update being reflected in Turbo Tax's products in a more timely manner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Be4Him - Just a thought, wait until it comes out before you decide if it took too long or not? 

Last year it came out 02/26/2022, but you decided to use them again this year?  Most likely because there is no other good option right now.  If there is no other good option, do you think there may be reasons beyond tax preparation companies control?

So I guess you really don't have any real basis to complain yet.  In my opinion.

kylakelly

@kylakelly wrote:

Feb 24th. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/form-8915-e-is-available-today-from-irs-when-will...

That was from last year, 2021, and the Form 8915-E was only used for a 2020 tax return.  It will not be used for any other tax year.

kylakelly

yes,  but the IRS website says this:

https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i8915f

When Should I Not Use a Form 8915-F?
Reporting coronavirus-related and other distributions for qualified 2020 disasters made or received in 2020.

This form replaces Form 8915-E for tax years beginning after 2020. Do not use a Form 8915-F to report qualified 2020 disaster distributions made in 2020 or qualified distributions received in 2020 for qualified 2020 disasters.

You will still use 2020 Form 8915-E to report coronavirus-related and other qualified disaster distributions made in 2020 and to report qualified distributions received in 2020 for qualified 2020 disasters.

According to the TurboTax notifications in the top right bar of the filing menu, quote:

Feb 16 2022, 7:52 AM
File by February 28 to lock in your low price. Time is running out! File your taxes by February 28 and save up to $30.

What about customers who are unable to e-file by this date as a result of waiting for the 8915-F to be available in TurboTax?

I was told you can prepay to lock in the low rate. 

Thanks. Didn't even think of that, but I just did it.

Thanks, but last year we had an extension.  This year we don't.  Hopefully I am pleasantly surprised and it comes out earlier.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Be4Him you can get an extension until 18 Oct by going to the IRS website.

DBM213
Returning Member

How do you prepay to lock in the current discount? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies