Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

When will form 8915-E 2020 be available in turbo tax?

Does someone know if we can e-file using turbotax but attached 8915-E as a pdf? I prefer not to wait till 02/24 to file my taxes. 

Thank you! 

@DoninGA hello, i keep seeing the "available for e-filing on 02/24/2021" comment..... i get that, and understand that, but what i and others have asked is when are they going to add it to the software... not when we can e-file it...  there are other forms already in the software that you can access like 4835 that the app warns me isn't ready until 03/04/2021, but at least the form is in the software.. 

It has now been completed. Do you know when it will be added to turbo tax so we can file?

Sonfun

Turbo Tax is as slow as the IRS! IRS has had more than 6 months to finalize form. A preliminary form was published several months ago, why is taking an additional 10 days for Turbo Tax to incorporate into online. Also, Turbo Tax knows who has bought their software online, but has not communicated their software is not up to date on the form 8915-20 2020. It is a shame! Sonfun 

I've been checking the IRS web site almost daily and I noticed today form 8915-E is now available but it's not appearing on my Turbo Tax Deluxe program yet. I'm guessing soon, hopefully sometime this week. 

@ld4runner wrote:

I've been checking the IRS web site almost daily and I noticed today form 8915-E is now available but it's not appearing on my Turbo Tax Deluxe program yet. I'm guessing soon, hopefully sometime this week. 

The Form 8915-E is scheduled to be available on 02/24/2021

It is available now.   Come on TUBRO and kick in some OT from WFH programmers and get it done. 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8915e.pdf

SamS1
Expert Alumni

It will available soon.  Form 8915-E: Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments, which is used for COVID-related early distributions, will be e-fileable starting 2/24.  The IRS is updating form 5329’s instructions to make it clear that COVID related exceptions cannot use 5329 and should use the new 8915-E.

The pandemic has affected your taxes in many ways. Including reporting in TurboTax the amount of stimulus money you received. Click Here for more information on how the Pandemic affected your 2020  taxes.

Thanks for the update but from a program managers perspective Intuit should apply some Agile Methodology and get this done in one sprint. Its not like they dropped it on you out of the blue, the draft has been out there for almost 60 days... 10 days more? wow.

Once its ready, will it be incorporated into the online version? If not, is there a way to export all of the work I've already done?

Keep your panties in your pants. I hear a lot of crying.  you can go to H&R block to file your taxes if you want.  See how much more help you will get. 

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

TurboTax is planning to incorporate the form 8915 into it's online versions.  There is no "export" function available in TurboTax only "import". 

Here is a link to get updates on the form availability for this recently approved COVID relief benefit form.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

IT IS AVAILABLE PLEASE UPDATE TURBOTAX.

THEY HAVE UPDATED FINAL

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies