turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mim5000

When filing my current 2019 federal, what year do I enter from the Spouse agi since we are married filing separate?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

When filing my current 2019 federal, what year do I enter from the Spouse agi since we are married filing separate?

If you filed as Married Filing Jointly in 2018 then you enter the same 2018 AGI for both of you.

mim5000

We filed married  filing separate last year. The turbo tax tech tells my wife she needs to enter my AGI from my 2019 return. I entered my spouse's AGI from 2018. What is correct? I am now confused

@mim5000 wrote:

We filed married  filing separate last year. The turbo tax tech tells my wife she needs to enter my AGI from my 2019 return. I entered my spouse's AGI from 2018. What is correct? I am now confused

Since you both filed as Married Filing Separately in 2018 then you would enter the 2018 AGI from your 2018 tax return on your 2019 tax return and she would enter the 2018 AGI from her 2018 tax return on her 2019 tax return.  

mim5000

The turbo tax form is asking to enter the spouse' AGi and not our own AGI.

@mim5000 wrote:

The turbo tax form is asking to enter the spouse' AGi and not our own AGI.

Which tax return, yours or hers, is asking for the spouse AGI?  If you filed separately you do not have an 'our' AGI.  You only have yours and she only has hers.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies