turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When checking on the status of my refund, it keeps saying the information was entered incorrectly and does not match. I rechecked the information and it is correct. I also called the irs hotline and i

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

16 Replies
EbonyL

When checking on the status of my refund, it keeps saying the information was entered incorrectly and does not match. I rechecked the information and it is correct. I also called the irs hotline and i

It can take anywhere from a few hours to 3 weeks for the IRS to officially accept your return. The WMR updates daily so try not to worry. If the status has not changed in the next couple of days then try contacting the IRS. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4495802

tyderrian

What was the outcome

I heard this year (2019) if you have earned income credit or a child tax credit they are holding all those refunds until Feb 15
Sky
Returning Member

For any 2019 filers ...if turbo tax says your return was accepted by the irs...then be rest assured the IRS has your return. Also if the wheres my refund site or app is acting screwy giving you diff responses day to day... or saying you have entered wrong info or whatever the case may be that's causing you to worry..don't panic. ..call irs refund hotline . you will have to Google the phone number or look it bc this site won't allow us to put phone numbers into our comments...its a different number that what is listed in the main response above...but calling will give you correct refund status . sometimes the WMR site acts screwy and is not accurate.
Sky
Returning Member

For any 2019 filers ...if turbo tax says your return was accepted by the irs...then be rest assured the IRS has your return. Also if the wheres my refund site or app is acting screwy giving you diff responses day to day... or saying you have entered wrong info or whatever the case may be that's causing you to worry..don't panic. ..call irs refund hotline . you will have to Google the phone number or look it bc this site won't allow us to put phone numbers into our comments...its a different number that what is listed in the main response above...but calling will give you correct refund status . sometimes the WMR site acts screwy and is not accurate.
tyderrian

What if when I cal the refund hotline it says they can’t provide me with any information about my refund?
Sky
Returning Member

Has it been at least 2 days since you filed? If so I dont see why it wouldn't give you a status unless you are entering incorrect information...or unless your return was rejected when you e filed.  I know last year I wasn't getting a status bc I kept choosing single..bc that's the tax withholding I choose with my employer....instead of choosing head of household ....which is what I actually filed on my return.
Sky
Returning Member

Also Box 20a on your return is the number you should be entering.

Enter single instead of hoh and it should work. Hope this helps. I see a lot have had this happen.

Just wanted to advise that my bars disappeared and it was saying Incorrect info being entered due to me having to do a ID Verify with the IRS . I filed on 1/28 and bars gone/incorrect amount 02/04 called IRS 02/08 advised of need to verify got letter 02/14 and called to verify same day. Still saying I entered wrong info

I filed my tax return in march,and was told it was accepted. Since then I wait,and keep trying to get an answer,even trying to ask for a transcript. It will not recognize my information. I even went back to my tax preparer who says that theres nothing they can do. Meanwhile all the stimulus checks are going out and I have nothing . The IRS website has nothing to offer without operations available.After this I have just about given up and being with a job it leaves me desperate ! Two months and nothing!

Odyskar

mailed my paper tax return on June 6 (i see it has been delivered) but the Where Is My Refund website still says i’ve entered info incorrectly when i try to check the status of my return. I know there are delays due to covid, but anybody else waiting 4mo? Or the envelope has been lost in the IRS?

@Odyskar

MAILED RETURNS

The IRS has just started to work through millions of mailed returns that have been piling up in trailers during the pandemic.  All you can do is watch the IRS refund site to see when your return makes it to the surface and goes into processing. Sorry.

Per the IRS website IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue:

IRS operational status and alternatives

Processing Delays for Paper Tax Returns: Taxpayers should file electronically through their tax preparer, tax software provider, or IRS Free File

We’re experiencing delays in processing paper tax returns due to limited staffing. If you already filed a paper return, we will process it in the order we received it.

Do not file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return.

If  you mail a tax return (or a payment) to the IRS, it is a good idea to use a mailing service that will track it like UPS or certified mail so you will know it was received.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s. 

TurboTax will not know anything about your mailed return, and will continue to show “Ready to Mail” on your account.  TurboTax will not know that you put your tax return in an envelope and took it to a mailbox.  TurboTax does not get updates on mailed  (or e-filed) returns.

When the IRS finally opens its mail and begins to process mailed returns you can check the status on the IRS site. https://www.irs.gov/refunds

State returns have to be mailed to the state.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Byrd504

Thanks. Because I got past my first bars not it keep saying info entered is incorrect. I know my information correct

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies