Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What should I do if the system keeps asking me the same question after I've answered it

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

What should I do if the system keeps asking me the same question after I've answered it

Make sure that you have saved the information you have already entered in the system, log out and try to log in again to see if it will accept your answer and allow you to move on.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Make sure that you have saved the information you have already entered in the system, log out and try to log in again to see if it will accept your answer and allow you to move on.

My program seems to be in a loop in the section asking about selling stocks, bonds, etc. Keeps repeating all the questions. I tried exiting and restarting. No help.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support.

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@gmrcbfm

This did not work
I even restarted the computer; it continues to ask the same questions

-did you receive a form 2439

-any straddles or section 1256...

-did you buy any ISO stock...

-did you sell any investments..

-did you have investment losses...
And then starts again with the 1st question above

same here

HRD

I have the same issue 

JulieS
Expert Alumni

I was able to replicate this loop by choosing "Visit all" in the Investment income section.

You can break out of this loop by clicking on Wages and Income in the upper left corner after you have entered all of your information for this section. Next choose, "I'll choose what I work on," the on the right. 

You can then proceed to the next section, Retirement Income by scrolling down to it and selecting Visit all, or picking a specific topic. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies