turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bellrob3

What is tax form 7202

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies
JohnW152
Expert Alumni

What is tax form 7202

Form 7202 is used by self-employed individuals to figure an amount to claim for qualified sick and family leave equivalent credits on their 2020 tax returns.  See the 2020 Instructions for Form 7202 for eligibility information. 

Form 7202 must be attached to your tax return.  Since the form won't be supported in e-file, you'll need to print both Form 7202 and your entire 1040-series return and mail them to the IRS.

BDaddy52
Returning Member

What is tax form 7202

Is 7202 unsupported by IRS or Turbotax? I've heard the explanation that "attach this form to your 1040" means you can't efile. That sounds off esp since other "attach" forms are efiled.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

What is tax form 7202

Unfortunately Form 7202 may be unsupported for e-filing your tax return. Please see the information below for assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/when-will-my-forms-be-ready/00/25618

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What is tax form 7202

I do not need to file form 7202, but TurboTax keeps telling me it is part of my return. Is it automatic for all self-employed? Why would I pay TurboTax for the benefit of efiling, when I can't efile??? I could have just filled this all out by hand and been done. Super frustrating. 

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

What is tax form 7202

@cmaggie Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, if you are a self employed person including those who receive a 1099-MISC or NEC, and if you were not able to work or telework due to reasons related to the coronavirus, you are eligible for this Sick Leave and Family Leave credits.  You would need to file a Form 7202 to figure the amount to claim for the credits.

"Employee Tax Expert LinaJ2020"

If not, you might need to remove them from the program.  Here are the steps:

In TurboTax online:

1.  Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off

2.  Select Tax Tools, click on the drop down arrow

3.  Select Tools

4.  Under Other helpful links, choose Delete a form

5.  Select Delete next to the Form 7202 and Continue with My Return

Note: If you do need to file this form and are unable to e-file, the fee is for the software to prepare your taxes, e-filing is included.

Also, if this form does apply to you and you want to e-file and claim the credit, your best option will be to first e-file without the credit, and then prepare an amended return claiming the credit.

{Edited 2/15/21 8:03pm}

What is tax form 7202

I took all of these steps. It is not in the list of forms under tools and it still won’t let me efile. I would like a refund if this can’t be resolved. 

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

What is tax form 7202

IRS form 7202 Credits for Sick Leave and Family Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals is not currently available for e-file.  The form allows you to report these new tax credits:

• Credit for Sick Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals. If you are self-employed, you may be eligible for a refundable tax credit equivalent to a qualified sick leave amount. Qualified sick leave is based on your average daily self-employment income.
  • Credit for Family Leave for Certain Self-Employed Individuals. If you are self-employed you may be eligible for a refundable tax credit equal to 100 percent of a qualified family leave equivalent amount for eligible self-employed individuals. 

TurboTax forms availability can be found here.

To remove the form, the form can be found at Federal / Deductions & Credits / Tax relief related to COVID-19 /.

You also may be able to remove the form with the Delete a Form tool. 

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Tax Tools.
  • Then click on Tools.
  • Then in the center of the page, click on Delete a Form.
  • Choose the form to be delete and click Delete to the right of the form(s). 

See also this TurboTax Help.

What is tax form 7202

7202 must be filed with 1040 if you took a 14 day covid leave from work they will back pay you for those days 

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

What is tax form 7202

Use Form 7202 to figure the amount to claim for qualified sick and family leave equivalent credits under the FFCRA and attach it to your tax return. If you are filing a joint return, show the name of the spouse with self-employment income on Form 7202.

Please use the link below to read additional information about the form.

FORM 7202 Instructions

MeagMari

What is tax form 7202

I am getting a we can't efile your taxes due to Form 7202 but I am not self employed, so why is this and how do I fix it? I just need to file my taxes for a w-2

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

What is tax form 7202

If this form does not apply to you, you can simply remove it from the program.  Here are the steps:

In TurboTax online, 

1.  Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off

2.  Select Tax Tools, click on the drop down arrow

3.  Select Tools

4.  Under Other helpful links, choose Delete a form

5.  Select Delete next to Form 7202 and Continue with My Return

Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, if you are a self employed person including those who receive a 1099-MISC, and if you were not able to work or telework due to reasons related to the coronavirus, you are eligible for this Sick Leave and Family Leave credits.  You would need to file a Form 7202 to figure out the amount to claim for the credits. 

To see if you are eligible, click here: Who must file Form 7202

To learn more details about the credits, click here: Self Employed Credits

@MeagMari

sisi6025

What is tax form 7202

Thank you so much!! I was litterally just had clicked on that kn accident & didnt even qualify for the deduction so i couldnt figure out how to get off there! 

What is tax form 7202

When will turbo tax make the form 7202 available fro efile? It is available on other softwares to efile. please advise

What is tax form 7202

Yes please advise when you plan on supporting efile of this form. It’s really lazy of Intuit when the IRS has a guideline on how to support this efile with software vendors. You’ve already taken our money!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies