Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ikelee68

What if I've already paid for turbo tax deluxe CD ?

I'm being prompted to pay $69 dollars online to file my tax return.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ee-ea
Level 15

We see people get confused and they keep logging in to online software which will require them to pay at the end.   You need to use the desktop software.   One way to tell if you are using the right software---your tool bar.   Online software has the toolbar in a black vertical column on the left side of the screen.   Desktop software has the tools up on the top of your TT screen.

You appear to be posting from online software instead of the desktop CD/download software that the license code is for.  If you are using online, you are using the wrong program.  You need to switch to the desktop software to get what you paid for.  You have to download it, update it and open it up from your own hard drive to use it.   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

We see people get confused and they keep logging in to online software which will require them to pay at the end.   You need to use the desktop software.   One way to tell if you are using the right software---your tool bar.   Online software has the toolbar in a black vertical column on the left side of the screen.   Desktop software has the tools up on the top of your TT screen.

You appear to be posting from online software instead of the desktop CD/download software that the license code is for.  If you are using online, you are using the wrong program.  You need to switch to the desktop software to get what you paid for.  You have to download it, update it and open it up from your own hard drive to use it.   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

Did you get the CD installed on your computer?   You need a full Windows or Mac computer to install the Desktop program.  Use the download method instead of the CD. It has more advantages over the CD. Then you can also download it another computer or if you need to reinstall it. Or just buy the Download from Turbo Tax or Costco etc.

There should be a card in the CD case on on the CD envelope that says how to download it and you will need the 14 or 16 digit code from it to enter.

How to install TurboTax CD/Download software with license code
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/activating-turbotax-cd-download-software/00/852971

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You don't have to do your tax return over again in the CD software that you install on your computer. You can download the tax return that you created in TurboTax Online to your computer, and then open it in the CD software. Then you will be able to file it without paying again. See the following FAQ for instructions.

How do I save my TurboTax Online return as a tax data file?

If your tax return includes a state tax return, you have to install the state in the CD software before you can open the downloaded .tax2022 file.

There is an additional fee for e-filing the state tax return in the CD software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies