turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does it mean to say "Sch SE-T Max deferral line 18 must be entered"?

I followed the advice from @vballchickie to divide the line item in #3 by 12, then multiply by 9, and write the new number for the #18 box.

That solved the federal review.

But now I'm in a state review loop. It shows a screen that says, "Some of your self-employment taxes may be eligible for deferral" and spells out the steps if I want to defer, and tells me to "skip this section" if I don't want to defer. I hit the continue button... and a few clicks later, I'm back at the page! LOL!

Didn't do that with mine, I just deleted the form, went back and acted like I started from the beginning never asked again until the very end I said no. So idk 

The error is with the sch se-t just delete the form and you don't have a issue anymore 

Not true. I delete it and it keeps coming back when my federal goes into review. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@nightmares55 Please try clearing your cache and deleting your cookies.

Also, try refreshing your browser and even try using a different browser.  

Here are two articles that will show you how to clear the cache and delete cookies.  

How to clear your cache - Community  

How do I delete cookies? - Community  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That doesn't work. It happens on every browser,and for multiple people. It's a system issue @AkinaLO 

This is what I did on the online version of Turbotax:

I went back to the tax breaks and deductions section, clicked the tax deferral section and selected ‘yes’ instead of ‘no.’ I used the formula they provide to enter a value, then when it asks how much of the eligible amount I would like to defer, I put 0. That worked for me, and I payed the entire amount I owed. Hope this helps.

Federal review is NOW TELLING ME that "Line 11 is too large" in the 1040/1040SR worksheet. The description is "Enter the number to report on Schedule 3 line 12e."

It is 0.

If I delete it to have it blank, then I get a popup saying invalid number.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the advice by Neph81 here, and it should allow you to file the return. 

If you encounter the same issue, please click here to contact customer service. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I finally figured out a solution. It doesn't let us do this section if we are going to be issued a refund. If we owe money, we can fill out the self employment tax deferral section. Delete the other portions of your income, I deleted my W2s and my recovery rebate credit, to the point where I then owed a balance. Then, I went to the self employment tax deferral, and when it asked me if I wanted more time to pay my taxes, I clicked yes. Then, when I entered the amount I made during the months of March through December, I entered the amount I made. Then it asked me how much I wanted to defer and I put 0. Then I proceeded to add my W2s and the fact that I didn't get my stimulus, and then I was given the refund I was supposed to get without deferring anything. So the solution is that you have to fill out that deferral section before entering your income that is causing your refund, in other words do that section while you still owe a balance and then enter the other stuff. 

All you have to do is when it asks in the section if you want to deffer you select no. Then it told me looks your not eligible and went away. It is in the covid relief section you do not have to put a amount unless you want to deffer. If you do than you have to figure it out and next year pay the difference. If you don't then you click on that section then say no and it will tell you your not eligible. 

Go to the covid relief section on the bottom of deduction and credits where it asks self employment deffer. It will ask you questions, I just said no then it said looks like your not eligible to differ and go away. You dont have to delete the form either. It is super simple!!!!

Nope not that simple! I’ve done all the things every one is talking about and. I thing is working 

That did not help either! 

I just went to the covid relief section and the last one is self employment defferal you click start then answer the question if you want to deffer your self employment tax I said no. Then your all set. You dont need to do anything else. Idk why everyone is making it confusing, just file. You can delete the form as well if you want to or not. As long as you say no it will say your not eligible than that is that 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies