turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What do I do if I cannot remember my divorce date. I have never been asked this before

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

What do I do if I cannot remember my divorce date. I have never been asked this before

If you are no longer legally married as of 12/31/2019 then using the filing status of Single.

Think it just needs to know if it was in 2019 or before.  My friend couldn't even remember the year so I think we just entered a date in the 90s or 80s.

@DoninGA  Yes my friend does file Single but it wanted to know the date. Probably when we entered Alimony.

@VolvoGirl wrote:

@DoninGA  Yes my friend does file Single but it wanted to know the date. Probably when we entered Alimony.

Right....program asks for a date when Alimony Received is being entered.  As you suggested just use a year if the actual date cannot be recalled.  Something like 01/01/2010, etc.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies