Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

USAA Credit Card Transactions not Updating on mint.com

I also started using Monarch in January 2023 (after keeping a budget manually in Excel from September–December 2022). I decided to drop Mint and keep USAA (although I understand why others would make the opposite decision). So far I've been pleased with Monarch, although the USAA transactions don't seem to update automatically (I have to "force" the update when I log in through a web browser). 

I have appreciated all the feedback and comments in this thread over the past six months, although the situation itself which warranted the discussion is unfortunate. 

Checked my personal capital login...their comments below:

PERSONAL CAPITAL.COM -USAA No Longer Supported

• 2 months ago

• Updated

Over the past few months we have been alerted to increasing connection issues with USAA accounts. While we have been working with our aggregation team to find a resolution for this issue, unfortunately the changes that need to be made require some assistance from the USAA team. Currently the team at USAA is focused on other features, and as such we have not been able to work together to resolve the issues with linking and updating this site.

As we are not able to update these accounts at this time we will need to temporarily disable USAA sites. This means that it will not be possible to link or update any USAA accounts in your dashboard. We recommend that you mark any active USAA accounts as closed for now- do not delete the accounts, simply mark them as closed as described in our article How to Mark an Account as Closed in Personal Capital.  Additionally, we suggest adding the account as a manual account so you may continue tracking the value of your accounts for a better picture of your financial life. While these accounts will need to be periodically updated manually, you will still be able to keep your net worth up-to-date with a manual account. For guidance on adding a manual account, please see our article on How to Create a Manual Account.

We hope that this is a very temporary measure, and we are still working with our aggregation team to get this site re-added. We do not have a date for when we may have support for USAA in the future, but once this site is available again we will make an announcement.

There is long documentation on this and I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that the transactions don't come over and a fix isn't common anytime soon apparently.

But it aggravates me that I can't enter a manual transaction into the account. I guess I'm going to have to make it a manual account??

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

They are currently working on a fix. If you chat with a Mint agent over at Intuit.mint.com, they can set things up to notify you once the fix is completed. 

There is no way on Mint to create a manual credit card account. However, you can manually enter the credit card transactions by following the guide here. @nikonnurse 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks, took a look, but with the volume of my transactions need to import via spreadsheet, which that page does state isn't supported.  At least all questions were answered there.

I think this may finally have me leave mint. I even pay for the premium version and not sure why there isnt a csv entry...like Quicken online. I use this cc religiously and everything else from USAA pulls over. A competitor  app doesnt have this problem......Sigh...and I really like mint.

What's the actual ETA on this fix? Do they understand the problem?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nikonnurse  If you really like Mint, you will really like Monarch.  

I tried Monarch this week but there are issues there also…Several accounts list debit transactions as credits. It’s almost equally annoying…

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all on this USAA issue.  

its the "blame game"  Mint points to USAA, USAA points to Mint.  Mint is free, so why should they invest in the resource to fix this?  for the record, i've tried "Simplifi" by quicken.  Quicken. and Monarch Money.  ALL of these do not work with USAA Credit Card.  USAA accounts? yes.  Credit card? NOPE.  these people need to invest in api connection instead of screen scraping.  

( 7m 30s ) Buck: great. no problem. maybe check with your tech team and see
if there are any active issues?
( 7m 42s )Buck: other customers seeing issues?
( 8m 51s ) Herrera: Yes Sir I know there was a known issues let me check
on this matter. Please allow me 2-4 minutes I will be right back.
( 11m 47s ) Herrera: I found this concerning the connection to MINT:
Member is trying to connect USAA account to Mint, but the Mint application cannot
retrieve the Member’s account information. MINT is software used for budgeting.
Recent digital updates to USAA.com and Mobile App for Credit Card may impact
MINT app connectivity. This temporary situation is due to recent credit card page
updates and their compatibility with MINT. Mint is not using USAA's Open Banking
API (Application Programming Interface) to collect data. Their current method for data
collection is screen scraping, so the connection is unreliable. Many third-party
financial apps rely on screen scraping to obtain financial data. One of the challenges
with screen scraping has to do with its complexity, including a lack of standardization
in how data is presented, and difficulty in ensuring consistent access to data.
We cannot resolve an issue from our end with how Mint gathers USAA data. Mint will
need to update their application to include the changes made to usaa.com to resume
collecting the your data. You can contact Intuit (www.intuit.com) to request more
information as to when connectivity to their data will be restored.
( 12m 14s )  Herrera: Furthermore, if you would like I can submit feedback
concerning this matter. If so, in your words what would you like me to tell them?
( 14m 13s ) Buck: i'm technical enough to understand exactly what they are
saying.
( 14m 42s ) Buck: As i feared. its a mint issue
( 14m 49s )  Buck: thank you for your time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  Monarch money is working fine with my USAA credit card as of the last two weeks.     Maybe it doesn't/didn't work for you... sorry that's the case.  But you can't say ALL, because it works for me.

Generally agree with thincdifferent, Mint is free, but is a part of intuit...

comments from mint say to contact the intuit support and they will notify if it gets fixed.

Assuming other intuit products are having the same problem, and those are paid for, that they will fix those and then fix mint....

But I know what happens when you assume anything...

After many years of using the free version, I upgraded to a paid Mint account, hoping that a paid Mint subscription would provide better customer support. Do not bother; it is not worth it, paid or free. I am disappointed with Intuit's lack of support and cannot continue to waste my valuable time asking Mint for help, only to have them blame USAA. 

I tried working with USAA is just as frustrating - with no resolution. At the same time, I appreciate the follow-up calls from USAA and the personal letter they sent to me. Unfortunately, the issue remains unresolved; frankly, I do not care why it is happening pointing fingers and taking no responsibility is unhelpful. 

Whoever marked this issue as SOLVED by Mint should be terminated for their ignorance. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Monarch is working for credit card transactions for mint for me as well! 

This issue still isn't fixed. It took 3 days for the customer support to finally just tell me "they're working on fixing that issue..." For 3 years now?! Okay mint...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies