turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Upgrading issues

how can I upgrade to Basic after I started the free version. the only option is giving me is re-directing me to irs.gov site  which I don't want. I would always upgrade to basic and pay the $39.99 fee. I looked it up and it said to use the Menu bar but there isn't one. help, I don't want to re do the whole tax return.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
abertooth

Upgrading issues

I'm having the same issue.  Just wants me to exit to IRS.gov.  I just want to pay the upgrade and finish filing.  Surprised nobody has answered this question!  What gives?

Upgrading issues

during the process of filing you will receive a prompt to upgrade which version you are using.. just continue filing with the free version until you see this prompt then upgrade and continue filing

cdenton

Upgrading issues

What if you have already filed and you want to upgrade?  I don't get the upgrade options in the left-hand menu to choose plus and the phone numbers you get are all automated...no way to reach technical support.

cdenton

Upgrading issues

Did you figure this out?  I don't have upgrade in my menu bar on the left, nor do I have tax tools.

Upgrading issues

Online is closed right now to get ready for 2019.  You can upgrade in December when Online reopens.

Or One user posted what he did to pay for Plus now to unlock prior years.  So try this.......

"After signing in, I clicked "Help" in the top right corner. 

On the right side of the screen, a window opened up with a search bar, FAQ's, and at the bottom "Contact us"

I clicked "Contact us" and it said that I needed to purchase Plus to be able to talk.

I believe "purchase" or "Plus" was a hyperlink which I clicked and was taken to a page to confirm my payment info. After I did that, I had access to my previous year tax returns. "

That might only work during business hours M-F 5-5pm Pacific time (8-8 Eastern).  And we don't know if that will give you Plus for just 2018 or also 2019.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies