Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unable to Efile return

Has there been any updates on forms.  I am unable to e-file. Error message regarding the return has certain forms that can't be e-filed due to tax regulations. I have never had this problem before.  There are other posts from a week ago and still no update. Today is the 29th and still unable to file.  Is there an issue with the Schedule C forms? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

32 Replies

Unable to Efile return

I am experiencing the exact same issue!! It states under the heading "Issue" that certain forms are unable to be efiled and I will have to mail my Federal and State returns. I called the IRS a few minutes ago and confirmed that there are NO FORMS that CAN NOT be efiled so this is very frustrating to say the least. 

I'm leaving my email address in case you receive an update on this matter: [email address removed]

DF48

Unable to Efile return

Have the same issue. I Only have 1099s no W2s from reading so other posts, that may be where the issue is. 

Unable to Efile return

I am having the same issue today as well. 

Unable to Efile return

I am having same issue. I am running Home and Business desktop on a Mac.

Unable to Efile return

Some forms are not yet available in TurboTax. Either click on Review in your return or use this link to check expected form availability dates: https://form-status.app.intuit.com/tax-forms-availability/formsavailability?albRedirect=true&product...

Unable to Efile return

The issues appear to be with Schedule C. As a test I deleted the form and was able to process the efile.  When i put the form back in, I received the same error message. 

TD8
Level 2

Unable to Efile return

Same here. I have very simple returns. Says some oregon forms are missing but my oregon return has no issues when I do the review of it.  Called turbotax support this morning and they just say it is IRS's fault and to keep trying.  

Unable to Efile return

Can Confirm. I did the same test and had the same results. There is no IRS issue with a Schedule C. This is strictly a TurboTax issue, and it is unacceptable for such a mainstream form to have an issue once e-filing is officially open. The lack of communication and the dishonest answers regarding the actual cause of this is very disappointing. It isn't that the form isn't ready. There's a bug in the software. Be honest about it.

Unable to Efile return

I am having same issue under desktop mac home and business. Extremely frustrating and time consuming  trying to figure out if I did something wrong.  I wish Intuit would let us know what is going on. If TT doesn't file because of a form it should tell me what form when I run REVIEW after being told it can't efile.

wolfange
Returning Member

Unable to Efile return

I am getting an error message that I can't efile because of certain forms. IRS states there are no forms that can not be efiled.

wolfange
Returning Member

Unable to Efile return

I am having the same issue.

Unable to Efile return

@wolfange wrote:

I am having the same issue.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the problem and sign up to be notified when it is corrected - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/electronic-filing/getting-return-contain...

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Unable to Efile return

This has been resolved. Try closing TurboTax, clear your Cache and Cookies, and reopen TurboTax.  Make sure you have ran all updates. 

@Jwilbe 

@davidz111369 

@DF48 

@mbrunn1515 

@2020 stimulus missed 

@TD8 

@candygeek 

@wolfange 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mhtaylor1401
Returning Member

Unable to Efile return

I'm having the same issue, but even though it says unable to E-file, if you go to the "File" button, it recommends E-filing

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies