Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to efile due to QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B

This is just unacceptable. I have been using TT for over 35 years and all I can say is Goodbye Turbo tax. Too many other programs that don't have this issue

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to efile due to QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B

Form 8995-A Schedule B e-file will be enabled in the update scheduled on or about 4/1/2020.

@blackjack21

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DavidS127
Expert Alumni

Form 8995-A Schedule B e-file will be enabled in the update scheduled on or about 4/1/2020.

@DCT1

@tol

@seattlefuze

@amazingflowerfarm

@oaklander

@Okie Steve

WOO HOO!  Excellent.

doug

what's the alternative?

hope it works.  Too late for me though.  Hopefully next year will come out earlier

tol
Level 3

too bad TT didn't just tell us they were working on it, I just printed 100 pages for fed and multiple state and paper filed all.  

I just spent over an hour on the phone with TT "experts" yesterday and they told me paper file was the only option.

Very disappointing TT couldn't have just let us know there was a possibility of e-file - since we've been asking for feedback.  

Hopefully they fix the UBIA bugs as well.

TMJ

Is there an update coming and when so that I can E-File my federal and state returns to support this schedule?

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

Today, after install update, my problem is gone.  

What version you were using. I am using premier, still complaining who cannot efile.

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

My TurboTax Download/CD will proceed all the way through the File section to e-file section aggregated Schedule C QBI businesses.  So, it is not clear why your aggregated businesses will not e-file.  More information about the type of businesses you are trying to aggregate or the exact error message that TurboTax is reporting may help resolve your issue.

Otherwise, it would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2019" file that is experiencing this issue.  You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information.  If you would like to do this, here are the instructions:

For TurboTax Download/CD, on your menu bar at the very top, click “Online” and then “Send Tax File to Agent”.  When you click to send, you will get a pop-up with the token number.  Reply with the token number and I’ll be able to open a TurboTax tax return with your numbers but not your personal information.

@zj655w1 

I am having aggregate QBI and TT doesn't let me e-file. I saw the forum messages about having an update on 4/1, but my TT is update to date. Could you help asap please?

Thank you!

DavidS127
Expert Alumni

More information may help resolve your question. For example, does your tax return include a "safe harbor" statement for your combined rental properties (Rental Real Estate Enterprise Statement)? 

The IRS requires a "manually signed and dated" safe harbor election statement.  Unfortunately, TurboTax does not support a PDF attachment of a signed safe harbor election.  As a result, you are required to print and mail a tax return that aggregates rental properties and elects the safe harbor treatment.

@mei_luu

Thanks. Yes, I did choose a safe harbor combined QBI. Do I have a way not to choose it and still able to aggregate? I aggregated last year, I thought once aggregated, have to keep doing it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies