Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to efile due to QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B

Hello.  I am not using the online Turbo Tax.  Unfortunately I'm using the cd one and it is still not letting me efile.  It still says there is an error because the form is not available, not until the 20th.  Is it now available on the online version?

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Unable to efile due to QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B

The result is the same in your case. 

The forms listed as available 2/20/2020 are the same in both Online and Desktop. These links are updated regularly. Click below to check forms availability in CD/Download versions.

For Federal Forms Availability

For State Forms Availability

Good morning. I'm using the on-line version of Turbo Tax.  It looks like the QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B is available but I'm still getting a notice when I attempt to file that I'm unable to e-file due to this form.  Do I need to wait for an update to roll-out to the on-line version or do I need to take a step in my return to enable the ability to e-file?  Thanks!

While the list says that the form is available for e-filing, my software - which is currently up to date - says that I still cannot e-file and must mail the forms.

Can you help?

Today (2-20-20) I updated my TurboTax by downloading the most recent files and installing them.  I was hoping that this would fix the "cannot efile message" because of the QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B.  After the update I am still getting the message that I cannot efile.  Does TT still need time to configure the software to enable efiling or am I hoping in vain?

BenV42

@KathrynG3 Same issue here, form is available and says e-file is supported, but I get an error saying I can't e-file because of the  QBI Deduction Worksheet Schedule B

Turbo tax support says the worksheet schedule B is not supported so have to paper file.  Bummer!  :(

I really hope this is a point in time thing because the QBI form just got finalized. Filing on paper is super painful!

Respectfully, the links that you give show the form available for e-filing. 

With all due respect, can you please at least reply to our collective responses to give us an update from your perspective as to what is going on vis a vis this form and what we should do?  If I have to mail it, of course will do so, but before I do would like to hear from Turbo Tax.

Thank you

I'm having the same problem. I've called support several times and each time I get a different date for the form update. Today is the 20th and I'm still getting the same message. I've used TurboTax for years--including last year, when my tax situation was idential to this year--and one of the main reasons is to avoid having to file a 100+ page paper return. This really needs to be fixed.

It is released and still not efile ready.

kfinn

I just updated... and I still can't efile either.  When can we expect a fix?

I contacted Turbo Tax and they said that Turbo Tax does not support/will not allow efiling with this form.  In other words there will be no fix so paper file.  I know, a bummer.  Turns out the error message that encourages paper filing means just that.  I should have filed 3 weeks ago when I finished my taxes.  I had talked to about 3 experts who told me first 2/5, then 2/20.  But the error message you would get if they were going to produce the form says the form will be available xxx.  Since it says instead to paper file, that is what to do.  I hope next year Turbo tax supports this form, or more trees will die.  Plus you have to attach a bunch of paperwork to the federal form, and give the state a copy of the federal too.  Turbo tax needs to step up its game.

berger
Returning Member

Does anyone know how to remove the entire Aggregation mess?  I would like to see if it even affects my tax liability.

berger
Returning Member

Found it!  I deleted the QBI worksheet for "XXX Rental Properties" and it appears to have unaggregated the properties. 

It now says I can file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies