Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unable to download 1099 data from T. Rowe Price. Web access to TRP is fine so issue seems to be on TurboTax side.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

31 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Unable to download 1099 data from T. Rowe Price. Web access to TRP is fine so issue seems to be on TurboTax side.

Please log completely out of TurboTax, then try clearing out your browser's cache and delete the cookies stored on your computer. A full or corrupted cache can keep TurboTax from functioning properly. 
Please see the following TurboTax FAQ's to assist with this:
    • How to clear your cache 
    • How do I delete cookies?
If you continue to have issues please see the link below to contact one of our TurboTax representatives: What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This had no impact.  I am using TT  Deluxe, not TT Online.  So I have signed on/off many times and I am not using a browser so these actions did not resolve the issue.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to us directly using the link here

I was able to download info from TRP after the changes / corrections you made.

This is still a problem to import 1099 data from T. Rowe Price. Clearing browsing data, cookies, and cache did not help or fix the problem.  I have too many pages to enter manually. Plus, transfer should work as it's a partner institution. (March 2021)

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below TurboTax FAQ to assist with fixing your import issue from T. Rowe Price. Although the FAQ mentions another brokerage specifically, the same steps will apply to yours.

How can I fix my 1099 import issue?

@deebird

The forms are available on my T. Rowe Price account, yet I get either of these messages:

You can ask the financial institution if you'll get this form, and return to import it when it's available.

If you already have the info, you can enter it by hand. (902)

That didn’t work. Try signing in again. (103)

Here are a couple things to check:

• Make sure there are no typos.
  • If you use auto-fills make sure it gets the right info.

T. Rowe Price settings do not have a "Enable Third-Party Access" option. I am using TurboTax Premier online.

Also, the import worked for me last year for 2019 taxes in the Deluxe version.

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

If you see error 103, it usually means the user ID or password is incorrect for the bank account you’re trying to connect. Here’s how to fix this error for both existing and new connections.

Confirm your sign-in info is correct

It’s always good to make sure you have the correct user ID and password for the bank account:

1. Open a new window in your web browser and go directly to your bank’s website.
  2. Make a note of the web address (such as https://www.bank.com). This may come in handy later.
  3. Sign in with the user ID and password you have. Note: If you have separate accounts with the bank (such as a business account and a personal account), sign in to the account you want to fix in TurboTax.
  4. If you sign in successfully, then you know the user ID and password are correct. If you get a sign-in error, follow your bank’s instructions to get your user ID, reset your password, or both.

If you still get error 103, try changing your user ID and password.

As frustrating as this is, changing my password on the T. Rowe Price account (I kept the same username) ultimately worked to fix this import problem for my 1099 forms. Thank you. 

Unable to import TRP 1099 data. I was just told by a rep in the help system to "allow third-party access" through T.Rowe Price. This is not a thing.

I had this same problem last year--and the year before. Changing my password, and avoiding special characters did not help. TRP and TT are partner organizations. This should be made seamless.  It should also be a priority for TT online help to get users through this hurdle efficiently. When TT continues to suggest things that are known to not work, it makes me regret trusting TT again.

Spent 2 hours with TT support and could not bypass the failure to link the accounts to upload TRD 1099 data. Tried multiple browsers, clearing caches, switching to a TT download version. Nada.

I called TRP tech support and they said that the issue is 99% likely to be that I have some mutual fund accounts in my account showing a zero balance.  For some reason, this stops the upload cold.  In past years, the business customer service side of TRP had the ability to "temporarily suppress the 0 balance account data" that bypassed the issue. Unfortunately, TRP did away with this option in 2020 due to security concerns.

I worked with TRP to suppress the zero balance account data, tried again, failed again, and was then told that any "inherited" IRA accounts may block the connection and upload to TT. I have inherited accounts, so TRP says I am up poop creek as far as uploading 1099 data goes.

I have the same problem. How did they fix it?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies