turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Unable to download 1099 data from T. Rowe Price. Web access to TRP is fine so issue seems to be on TurboTax side.

Can you please provide specific details about the issue you are experiencing? 

Do you get an error message when trying to import?

@weadolph

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Unable to download 1099 data from T. Rowe Price. Web access to TRP is fine so issue seems to be on TurboTax side.

Perhaps some securities have yet to "report"? Once the parent company has reported, then the stocks statement could be uploaded in its entirety.

I am using Turbotax Delux. This is the message I get:

T. Rowe Price Mutual Fund Accounts:
A system error has occurred:
["message":Something unexpected happened and we coud not get your documents.
(3002)","code"= "3002","severity"="ERROR"}

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@weadolph

Please try the steps in the Help Article here for further assistance.  It is utilizing another brokerage company as an example but you can use the same details.  

It does not work for TR Price. I got the following error message:

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

You can contact TR Price and see if they can help you.   If they can't then you can still enter your trades manually by using summary balance totals and then mailing the 1099-B separate from your return.

Here's how to enter the summary data.

This error happens to me too with TT Premier:

I was told by TRP tech support the issue is the issue is that I have some mutual fund accounts in my account showing a zero balance. They also said Turbo Tax now prohibits that. This is nonsense! I had some accounts with TRP that were converted, so I have dividends on an account that is now closed. Also, what about an account that you sell all of, mid-year, yet have dividends and/or capital gains? This is ludicrous, and I don't know why TT is now fixing this. Last year for me if this does not get fixed, I can't see having to enter all this manually EVERY YEAR.

Did not work for me.

I am using Turbotax Delux. This is the message I get:

Yep I think that's the message we all get. I am miffed Into has been silent on this.

Fourmans

I have not be able to import the 1099 data from T. Rowe Price for years. They've tried deleting the zero-balance funds in the past, but that didn't work. What you wrote is the first I've heard about inherited mutual funds causing the problem. I have a few of them. Interesting that T. Rowe Price has never mentioned this. Thanks for your post.

I tried doing an Import again from T Rowe Price, and for at least this has now been fixed - there must have been a software update or something done behind the scenes to fix this. I deleted all my manual entries to replace with imported forms to be safe (but they were the same lol).

So if you have suffered from this prob elm, make sure you are updated and try again!

Don

still will not import my 1099 Div and R. Fully updated with TT. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Fourmans

Hi Don, I truly appreciate your reply. Moments ago I tried importing my T Rowe Price info into Turbo Tax, but no luck. Afterwards, I tried it a second time using an Incognito Window, but that didn't work either. I had already manually input the T Rowe Price data into Turbo Tax, so I'm in good shape. Maybe something will change and I'll have better luck next year.  

HarryO
Returning Member

I got the same 3002 and I turned off VPN on my internet connection and it immediately download or imported my forms

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies