Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax will not accept any form of payment - no credit card, no deduct from refund

Same Problem here !

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax will not accept any form of payment - no credit card, no deduct from refund

There is a known issue regarding an error message when paying with a credit card that we are working to resolve. You can sign up for progress updates regarding this experience in the below TurboTax help article. 

Why am I receiving an error message when I try to pay with a credit card?

@akamrbill47

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
roberta49

same here and it took FOREVER to get through all the hoops!!!  

surfname

After an hour with awesome tech Daniel, he suggested that we change our mailing address under "My Info" to 123 Main Street, but keep all other information the same.  Then try it again.  I did & it worked!  Eureka!!  Thank you, Daniel!

I just used method recommended by Surfname on February 28, 2022, address to 123 Main Street.  It worked!  And this is the last year I use TurboTax, any product that can't figure out how to take payment, doesn't deserve my business!

It worked if you enter your billing address, please try entering 123 Main St (rather than your actual address), your city and your state. I used "TurboTax Premier Desktop 2021 for US Windows Download" and it worked like charm

srinog

THIS IS GROSS NEGLIGENCE AND RECKLESS INDIFFERENCE TOWARDS THEIR CUSTOMERS! Turbo tax knows that THEIR system has a problem and they have DONE NOTHING to solve it for many years. They have you buy a program, and then at the most critical time when you go to file a return, they add on  extra fees that you then can’t pay because of their system problem which then prevents you from filing your taxes. This is a total wanton disregard of their customers! 

ChiNP

This happened to me 2 years in a row. The first year they couldn’t find out what was going wrong and I had to use someone else. This year a customer service rep solved the whole thing with a shot in the dark. 

what she suggested and worked: for your billing address put “123 main st” as the street address and then just your regular city state and zip. Went right through with this. 

amk3
Level 2

For anyone with this issue in the future, I FINALLY found a solution that worked.  I direct messaged TurboTax on Facebook and the reply was: when you enter your billing address use your name and 123 Main St, use your city and zip.  The 123 Main St did the trick for me!  I tried so many cards and browsers before this solution.  Hope it works for you as well.

going on for three years. about to quit turbo.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Try changing your display settings: 

1. Start > Settings > System > Display.  Change "Scale and layout" from 125% (Recommended) to 100%. 
  2. Close TurboTax 
  3. Then Restart

You may also try logging into your account here to update your payment needed. Once completed, then proceed to checkout.

If the suggestions above do not work, please reach out to our TurboTax Customer Care team: Contact Us

@pjaletky 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies