Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax saying a W-2c is on the way?

I also got this last night after the update.  I called Intuit and they told me that it could be an error on my part or my employer has a W-2C for me.  I am almost certain this is a calculation bug introduced with the last update.  I hope they fix this.

Pctvball

We got the exact same message when we tried last night. Both checked our w2's and everything is right. Not sure why we got it either.

MariaDG
Employee Tax Expert

TT is erroneously displaying this message on a large number of returns where it is not actually applicable.  You can simply ignore it. 

Jwilliams29
Returning Member

You May wish to triple check the amounts on your W-2 . Under the CARES ACT The Coronavirus, Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) allows employers to defer the deposit and payment of the employer's share of Social Security taxes and self-employed individuals to defer payment of certain self-employment taxes. Below is a link with more information . 

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/deferral-of-employment-tax-deposits-and-payments-through-december-31-20...

kepe86

I also got this message about the W-2c so I checked box 3 and 4. Mine is coming out at 6.19998113%. Gah! Will they round up? I also have never intentionally deferred social security taxes. I dont even work for the place this W-2 came from.

Maribel70

Tried to finish my return today...same issue. This form shouldn't apply to me.

I get the same message and contacted payroll who had no idea why that would be (no W-2c coming...) My best guess it is a bug. Also strange that when I started completing my return a week ago, this did not come up.

Trying to formally report as a Turbo Tax issue / bug.  

@KathyH1 wrote:

Trying to formally report as a Turbo Tax issue / bug.  

This has already been reported to the TurboTax Moderators of this user community forum.

Same thing happened to me.

Same issue here. Wasn't there before latest Windows update.

mary_mary
Returning Member

I received the same warning today, 2/20/21.  My SS tax withheld is .42.  I also did not have any SS tax deferred.  When I change the ending amount to .50, I no longer get the warning.  Weird.  I just changed it back to .42.  There's always something that drives you nuts right!

We got the same error message today. I checked the W-2 and the maximum was withheld.  Based on the earlier conversations this appears to be a glitch in Turbo Tax.

zumbastic

I got this same message also. What did you do, just ignore it?

zumbastic

What did you end up doing?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies