Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TurboTax saying a W-2c is on the way?

That message was sent in error by a software bug.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
dpes
Level 1

Yes I got the same message starting Wed of last week.  I made 2 phone calls to Turbo Tax.  Each one taking an hour.  First call I was told they'd have to look into it.  I did mention that it hadn't appeared in the weeks before this and I had completed my taxes way before then just didn't file in case I got something late.  Second call I mentioned again how I got the message just recently.  He checked and said yes they were getting reports of this and the message would go away Saturday.  It's Saturday and the message is still there.  We know we didn't defer any Social Security tax and we also know our W-2's are correct.  My husband and I are both CPA's so we aren't new when it comes to checking these things.

After double-checking I just ignored the message.  Turbo Tax moderator says they are aware of the glitch and working to fix this.  It’s obviously generating a lot of confusion for those of us that don’t know why we are getting this odd message for the first time.  

Just ignored it.

Yes, I just ignored it. It doesn't have any impact on the filing of your 2020 return. The return I filed has since been accepted by the  IRS. 

MoBr
Level 2

Even if you did defer, you can file your return without the W-2c.  Some people's W-2c won't arrive until Dec 2022.   If you google Deffered Social Security and W-2c look for IRS sites that explain this. 

I am also seeing this message suddenly.

Can TurboTax fix this please?

I have the same issue.

Posting to follow, as I had the same glitch appear too.  My wife and I are filling married separately in a community property state and had this notice after we completed the community property form (8958).  Hopeful we can have some sort of software update to rectify the issue.

mary_mary
Returning Member

I am going to assume it is a software glitch.  For now, I am going to ignore it.

I got same bug.

PCO
Level 2

When I calculated it I came up with 6.19% so must be a rounding glitch.

Soni
Level 1

Updated today and also got this message. Mine calculates to 6.2%, so I'll just wait until another update and see if the issue resolves itself. Glad I'm not the only one having this problem.

In my case, It turned out to be a rounding error in the Turbo Tax software.  The SS Tax withheld on my W-2 was 8,103.42 which is the correct amount.  I changed it to 8,103.50 and the W-2c message went away.  I put the figure back to the original amount and ignored the W-2c message.

dwmmlm

Got it too and it's wrong. Got to be a bug.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies