turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Premier 2021 social security input page is a white blank screen. I have checked the settings and they are good. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Premier 2021 social security input page is a white blank screen. I have checked the settings and they are good. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Are you using the TurboTax Premier CD/Download or the TurboTax Premier Online version? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I am using TurboTax Premier CD.  I did check the resolution so that is not the problem.  I also started a new dummy return just in case the issue was related to transferring 2020 info to 2021.  I stopped inputting when I reached the social security problem.  Thanks

Try a computer reboot...sometimes a partially installed Windows update will block proper TTX operation.

Also try to make sure you have no other windows open, or other programs running at the same time as TTX.  It "shouldn't" be an issue with well-written software, but who knows what resources may be tied up with other running programs that might create a conflict (somehow).

When I go into my SS entry point...I too, get a blank screen for a few seconds, then a rotating blue circle with a "Please Wait", and finally several seconds later (interminable time in computer speed) finally opens the entry point for SSA-1099 entry.    Something appears to be hanging up whatever subroutine call is occurring in your case.....either that or you need to wait a lot longer before giving up?

Customer Support telephone number:

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Tried all above and still not working correctly.  TurboTax help attempted but could not resolve.  They are sending a replacement CD.  It will take up to 2 weeks to arrive.  Will post solution at that time.  Thx

@ron-clark1 

Right after I did a hard disk de-fragment, I noticed a really long blank screen delay too...(though I only waited 20 seconds before impatiently doing what I did next). 

What I did to get the system to move on to the next page?   I used my cursor to grab the title bar....then just moved the entire window over a bit...and the SS screen started up again and moved on to the entry screen.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies