Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

turbotax Premier 2021 running very slow

Yea, this is a turbo tax issue. Every field, math or not takes 30 seconds at least to let me move on. Done with this trash program that is the same every year and the price keeps increasing.

This IS a software issue.  I'm using Home & Business 2021 and it was taking about 15 seconds an entry.  When I went back and used H&B 2020 the entry was just about instant. --  Update after calling Turbotax:   While I'm sorry that some people have gotten stonewalled by Intuit's response on this,  It is important to know -- this IS a software issue.  Call Turbotax and try to get a replacement disc/download. The replacement version I got of the program  via download, was fine.  Response time normal (instant) for entries.  

Thanks for the update.  I'm done with my taxes for 2021... and probably done with TT going forward.

It's practically unusable, it's so slow.

Rebooted, closed every other program, did everything possible.

There's no fix for this?

This is my last year with TurboTax. This is ridiculous

Yes, this seems like a Turbo Tax Issue since all of us have the same problem.  I have a great CPU, plenty of RAM and still this software hangs up.  Turbo Tax should fix this ASAP!!

IT IS THE WORST! WTH  is wrong with this software this year?
absolutely terrible, it's taking waaay longer than ever has before. Very bothered, considering the price...

Thanks... Im looking to downbload again as well.  Ill contact them! 

I timed the entry of a single W2-G entry into my instance of TurboTax Premiere 2021.  It clocked-out at 12:50 to enter all fields at the fastest it would allow me to type.  Each field would not allow data entry for at least :20 each and the program goes into a constant state of "Not Responding".  At this rate, if I go the fastest the program will allow, it will take nearly 6 hours to enter all of my W2-G information.  THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!  This is a Win10 machine with the latest updates for the operating system and drivers with PLENTY of RAM.  What's the fix?

Wow.  Just wow.  Support is support just in name only.  "Sir, your computer or our software is running slow.  We can't help you with that".  I just spent 40 minutes on first and 'second level' support.  That was about 2 W2-G entries-worth of waiting.  I better get cracking and accept that I can't use turbotax ever again.  Only 6 hours of entries to go!  YAY!

Former TurboTax customer.

(P.S. I can enter these fields in 2020 version in seconds.  I can have half the form done in the time 2021 allows me to enter 2 fields.).

Same thing is happening to be.  It is practically unusable this year.  I've checked for updates and am running the most up to date version.  I've disabled AV for the software folder.  Every single button click and box input is taking between 25 seconds and 40 seconds.  Each time I press enter, the CPU spikes up to 27%.  Please fixed this.  With 5 w2s it has taken hours just to enter the W2s.  This should be fixed asap.

@CCS-AL 

Switch to form view to enter the w2-g data then back to step by step. 

This is a workaround... a failure for Intuit to fix the issue, or even acknowledge it!

I spoke with a coworker; he is not having the issue... he purchased from Amazon and downloaded it.  I purchased from Costco, physical disk.  someone mentioned contacting Intuit and requesting a download, which fixed their issue.  I believe you can download it yourself from their site with your activation code.  I am done with my taxes, but am going to try that and see if it resolves the issue.

Is there a way to download the software even though you've already installed it from a disc?  I tried deleting the original program from my computer and download direct from Intuit using the license code.  It keeps telling me this code has already been used.  Ugh...

Its software update speed is horrible too!  A few days ago, an update said to take 3 minutes ended up taking 2+ hours.  just now, it's happening again!  Meanwhile, my MS tastmandger tells me my util is 3% CPU and only 27% memory used.  It already took somethinga like. 15min for just 10% progress!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies