Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

turbotax Premier 2021 running very slow

I totally agree. I'm running Deluxe from a CD. Been using TT for years.  I have older in a passport storage device, but I'm running Windows 10 and have TT all the way back to 2016 on this computer. I literally had to shut down computer and restart just to get updates this weekend. Waiting for " UPDATER".  Never, ever seen that happen before. Something is going on with this software and I wish they would fix it. Is Intuit growing too fast to not be concerned with prior customers?

bennedi
Returning Member

I'm running Turbo Tax Deluxe.  I'm having the same problem.  Just finished entering the W2s.  I checked for updates (which I was up-to-date), I rebooted my computer, I tried other programs and they work fine.  It's just Turbo Tax that is having such a delay between entering each field.  I don't ever remember it being like this and I've been using Turbo Tax for years.  Hope they fix it soon!

It is March, support has been informed yet they have done nothing to date.  I doubt they will fix it!  Very frustrating!

Mike D5

iIt's Painfully slow. IF this continues, I will look elsewhere for 2022.

Been running TT for 21 years and first time with slowdowns like this.  Good thing most of the major Tax products out there all support each others' prior-year forms!!

jak64

This is absolutely ridiculous; I switched to TurboTax 5 years ago and thought it was a good move but after this year and how long it takes to do a W2 I think it's time to move on from this software.

Yes. UNBEARABLY SLOW for unknown reasons. Has taken 5 minutes to load first w-2. Any idea the reason? At this rate with a month to go I'll miss the deafline and hours of real work. Help!

NO! NOT THE ISSUE!!!!

It is terrible. Entering a number takes a minute ...

Add New Entry brings up the screen which takes forever between fields. At that point, Switching to FORMS view was the only workaround i found. At least it was as fast as you can type and tab between fields. Still delays after you Close Form, but those were acceptable.

I actually started entering the info straight onto the forms also. I had several w2G forms so entered the payor ID number starting in the w2G section so I could get a form started. Then after getting all of the W2G forms started I then went straight to the forms to finish up the remaining information.

Me too! I have used turbotax since floppy disk days and it has NEVER EVER EVER been this awful. I feel that I deserve a full refund and free filing --- or a sister program from a different company that will import past turbotax information. Intuit, you will lose a LOT of lifetime and especially new customers if you cannot figure it out. Support has been ZERO help. They have no idea. Actually suggested it was the cd from Costco AFTER I UNINSTALLED THE PROGRAM AND DOWNLOADED IT FROM THE LINK SUPPORT GAVE ME!!!! Completely unacceptable. I lost an entire day that I was going to devote to working on taxes and missed work as well AND ONLY GOT THREE w-2 FORMS FILLED OUT!!!! Out of my three support calls two hung up --- one after 31 minutes the other after 40 and EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD MY NUMBER THEY DID NOT CALL BACK!!!!  I'm pretty miffed and feel that it will take a LOT now to keep me as a customer.

E

I compared 2021 to 2020, the one difference I noticed is the W-2 input form had changed... instead of one long form it was broken up into parts.  Not sure what that has to do with anything, but once you get past the w-2 input, performance improves... state taxes were fine.  annoying that they won't admin there is an issue.  It doesn't matter where it was purchased, I asked a few folks and all were via different sources and media.  I believe Tax Act and HR Block can import TT files via the PDF.  Not sure how well it works.

The issue seems to be deeper than just W2's. I was helping a cousin with his taxes and he had Lots of W2-G's, Gambling jackpots.  These have to be entered one by one, and there are approx. 20 fields each. The Exact Same Delays happened in TT, just like the W2's. There is def a bug in the code this year, perhaps some subroutine that does field verification - who knows?

DF59
Level 1

Painfully slow and 45 minutes with support today was of no use.  I rebooted....made sure everything was updated.....removed then reinstalled TT.  Just awful.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies