Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Mike - Lakes10k
Returning Member

Turbotax desktop e-filing payment did not happen

I e-filed my 2020 return using Turbotax desktop.  When I filed on 5/16/21  I entered my bank account info and entered 5/17 as the date for the payment to be taken out for both federal and state.  My state payment was debited from my account but my federal payment was not,  I now look at my printed copy and it doesn't show the bank info or anything for Federal payment  like it does for my state payment.  I know I entered it for federal as well.  Is/was there a bug in the software or anything that might be causing this?  I received a notice from IRS today saying my payment was never received and I owe interest penalty.  How can I check to see if I did indeed enter my bank account info for my federal return?  Thanks

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If you selected Direct Debit from your bank account to pay the Federal taxes owed, that information was sent with your e-filed federal tax return.

Look at the Federal Information Worksheet in Part V.  The bank name, routing number, account number and the date you selected to pay the taxes owed will be entered.  If you did not select Direct Debit from your bank account then nothing will be in Part V.  Look on your Federal Filing Instruction page for how you selected to pay the Federal taxes owed.

Mike - Lakes10k
Returning Member

Thanks for your info.  I did not select direct debit until the last step when filing my taxes.  Does the Part V worksheet get updated during the filing process?  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies